Walloth & Nesch Replacement Glass

JohnFBD

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have any experience using W&N glass? I purchase a complete replacement green tinted set when the were doing a special. Just got around to fitting the first piece, the vent window glass is not good, when compared with the original glass it is obviously different. and will leave gaps.
20170606_122925807_iOS.jpg

W&N glass much smaller (5mm) on the back edge!

20170606_122936446_iOS.jpg
20170606_123022021_iOS.jpg

All the glass tape in the world is not going to make this fit!

20170606_123030125_iOS.jpg

JohnFBD

Reaction score
Send them a picture they are good about returns I think.

Not the return I'm concerned about Chris, it's never worth the hassle when you live in Oz!, more the fit of the rest of the glass pieces I have! (hence looking for comments from people who have purchased the same).

Then if I need to source other vent windows, getting any replacement to match the green tint of the rest of the glass they sent!

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting John.
I bought the complete set of glass for my rebuild last fall but not to the point to install it.
I didn't even open it all except to make sure nothing was broken.
Then I wanted to get the drivers side window out to look at and see about getting it tinted when I found an edge that had some damage.
I took photos and sent to them and they sent me a replacement piece right away.
Now you have me worried.
I do have the original wing window glass and they are close in color but not exactly the same.

JohnFBD

Reaction score
Interesting John.
I bought the complete set of glass for my rebuild last fall but not to the point to install it.
I didn't even open it all except to make sure nothing was broken.
Then I wanted to get the drivers side window out to look at and see about getting it tinted when I found an edge that had some damage.
I took photos and sent to them and they sent me a replacement piece right away.
Now you have me worried.
I do have the original wing window glass and they are close in color but not exactly the same.

As Chris said, W&N are good when it comes to replacing things, the windscreen was crack when I got it and they replaced it immediately. If you get a chance, see how your new vent windows look compare with the originals and how they fit in the frames.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is the replacement glass also a darker green? The original is green if you hold a piece of white paper behind it but otherwise it would be hard to tell. I know the lettering is a bolder font and very visible, unlike the original.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Seems like I checked this before.
Here's the photo of the glass laying on a white background.
Original on right.
New may be slightly darker but very close.

Glass comparison.JPG

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
WELL its definately not as good as the oem stuff
i ordered a right side and it was much lighter and didnt have the warpiness the orig has
i do have an extra right vent window with frame brand new old glass

JohnFBD

Reaction score
Is the replacement glass also a darker green? The original is green if you hold a piece of white paper behind it but otherwise it would be hard to tell. I know the lettering is a bolder font and very visible, unlike the original.
My original glass appears to be clear, the car is a 1970 2800CSA, I sent some pics over to W&N so will report back when I get an answer!

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am very Intrested to know what answers you get. I am about to order a full set of glass from them. This is very important for me to know.

Thanks guys!

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought a complete set from W&N and had the same problem with the vent-windows, they gave me money back for them, as they know about this problem and they don't have a better option/solution.
After seeing how big the gap was between window and frame, I was sure it wasn't fixable, but I went to my car-glass guy to show the problem and he managed to get the windows to fit the frames without (at least me) ever noticing that there are anything wrong with them. Maybe not concourse, but I didn't find another set of brand new vent-windows, and most used ones are, well, not new anymore. And then we have the color difference between different brands of windows to consider too.

Both front and rear windscreens fit perfect to my car, but I have not yet fitted the door and rear side windows. They look to be a perfect match but can't be totally sure yet.

I can post some pictures of my installed vent-windows later today if you want to decide for yourself if you can/could live with the result.

Cheers,

JohnFBD

Reaction score
I bought a complete set from W&N and had the same problem with the vent-windows, they gave me money back for them, as they know about this problem and they don't have a better option/solution.
After seeing how big the gap was between window and frame, I was sure it wasn't fixable, but I went to my car-glass guy to show the problem and he managed to get the windows to fit the frames without (at least me) ever noticing that there are anything wrong with them. Maybe not concourse, but I didn't find another set of brand new vent-windows, and most used ones are, well, not new anymore. And then we have the color difference between different brands of windows to consider too.

Both front and rear windscreens fit perfect to my car, but I have not yet fitted the door and rear side windows. They look to be a perfect match but can't be totally sure yet.

I can post some pictures of my installed vent-windows later today if you want to decide for yourself if you can/could live with the result.

Cheers,
Great feedback, much appreciated, yes please post pictures of your vent windows. Thx

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
You'd think W&N would have a solution, given they know it's a problem and still ship!

Indeed, I don't understand why they do that to themselves, even if they pay you back it still pisses you of.
I searched my phone album and found two pics of the gaps I was dealing with, maybe I had smaller gaps than you have?

IMG_7825.JPG IMG_7826.JPG

Cheers,

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here they are, still some excess glue that I'm going to remove but been busy with other stuff.
IMO you don't notice it if you don't really focus on it, but then again I'm only building a driver and not a show car.

Pics:
IMG_9685.JPG IMG_9686.JPG

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Found original glass and new W&N.
Laid them over each other and they are virtually identical.
Some of the lines you see are where the rubber molding was on the old glass.
Whew!
So guess they had fixed the problem by last fall when I ordered the glass.
Note- you can see the big type of the name of the company.

IMG_2466.jpg
IMG_2468.jpg

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Found original glass and new W&N.
Laid them over each other and they are virtually identical.
Some of the lines you see are where the rubber molding was on the old glass.
Whew!
So guess they had fixed the problem by last fall when I ordered the glass.
Note- you can see the big type of the name of the company.

Glad to hear that! I ordered my glass in June 2016, but unpacked and tried to install in Jan 2017, it was then I had contact with W&N and they said all of their current glass is that way (too small), and they didn't have another solution than to give me my money back. So I wouldn't be so sure that they have it fixed yet, strange that DoraGlass have so big variations on their finished products.. It's not exactly a complicated piece of glass.