Video Reuniting 3.0 CS with Original Owners

Matt Dusig

Reaction score
Here's the video of the road trip to get the car to the original owners. Enjoy!

Duane and Candace bought this car in Palm Springs, California in 1974 from a BMW showroom and cared for it for 19 years. In 2019, I reunited them with their old car by driving this coupe on 1,000 mile round-trip journey from Los Angeles to Chico, California. This is the video of that adventure.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's the video of the road trip to get the car to the original owners. Enjoy!

Duane and Candace bought this car in Palm Springs, California in 1974 from a BMW showroom and cared for it for 19 years. In 2019, I reunited them with their old car by driving this coupe on 1,000 mile round-trip journey from Los Angeles to Chico, California. This is the video of that adventure.
GR8 video. Amazing that you could find the previous owners. I'm certain the Coupe I bought in Dec. of last year will never be driven to see the previous owner in Maui.... :)

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great video all around! It also helped me decide to go with BMW center caps when I switch back to 14" alpina wheels vs the alpina caps.
Real Alpina wheels deserve real Alpina center caps. You'll see my real BBS wheels have the real BBS center and valve stems/ caps. But I respect your decision..

Attachments

• IMG_7674.JPG
    IMG_7674.JPG
    471.5 KB · Views: 272

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The 14" wheels are listed in the BMW parts catalog along with with the hubcap FPS wheels. I stand corrected! Wonder why most call them Alpina wheels. Maybe those are just the 16" wheels. I actually visited the Alpina factory with the BMWCCA back in 1983. I still have the Alpina jacket I bought there. The Alpina wood shift knob is in my 2002.

Matt Dusig

Reaction score
The 14" wheels are listed in the BMW parts catalog along with with the hubcap FPS wheels. I stand corrected! Wonder why most call them Alpina wheels. Maybe those are just the 16" wheels. I actually visited the Alpina factory with the BMWCCA back in 1983. I still have the Alpina jacket I bought there. The Alpina wood shift knob is in my 2002.
Very cool, thanks for sharing.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
If I was installing 16” Alpinas I would use the Alpina caps (I actually think they look nicer) but since I’m going back to stock 14” Alpinas I think the BMW caps are appropriate.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alpina did make 14" wheels, the oem 14" from '74 on look similar but not 100% the same. Both can take the metal caps with either the Alpina or BMW logo