very nice looking atlantic blue '72 tii on BaT

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice looking floor. I'd like some of those wider steel rims for my Malaga 72'

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was watching that one. Very sharp car. I didn't realize the '02 market was that strong. :)
My second and third cars were 02's as a lad, and I still have a serious soft spot for them, but I am shocked that 70 odd grand doesn't buy the best 2002 in the world (turbos excluded). This was obviously a really nice car, but 3 years ago, half the price would have been an eyebrow raiser. On a positive note, this is only good news for those of use that own the 2002's bigger and more attractive brother :D

Cheers!
Dan

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I guess if you can foot $70K+, then you can afford to re-upholster those awful front seats...I don't care if it was the proper perf'd vinyl material, they covered the seats, but did little else.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you think what it cost to get the body to look that good. no waves in the paint - really straight reflections. the car didn't leave BMW looking that good. the interior seat covering is the easy part. so Dan, big brother??? you mean a 2002 factory turbo?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I gotta fakely turn my 72 into a Tii and sell it. I'd buy 15 motorcycles with the cash. Those rusty hose clamps and underhood tarnish made me think this car wasn't really that mint.

Last edited:

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you think what it cost to get the body to look that good. no waves in the paint - really straight reflections. the car didn't leave BMW looking that good. the interior seat covering is the easy part. so Dan, big brother??? you mean a 2002 factory turbo?
No Scott, I always think of the E9 as the 2002's big brother :D

EJ333

Reaction score
Sounds like something Alan Greenspan said when the financial markets kept going higher and higher.
The final price seemed pretty steep.