Very early part needed for BLUMAX

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Long reach!!
Am looking for--a seat belt docking clip--used for holding the seat belt release buckles on early Klippan non retractable spaghetti aircraft type belts. Both driver and passenger side seat belt buckles slipped onto the docking clip for storing them when not in use. The docking clip was permanently snapped over the top of the hand brake handle about 2/3 of the way back from the hand grip--that is, until they broke--more on that issue.

To my knowledge they were only used in the 1969 and 1970 2800 CS's. Docking clip is formed of black plastic--unfortunately that plastic part was prone to easy breakage.

Would really appreciate finding one that is intact--to use as a pattern for forming it from aluminum for durability. The part became NL about 25 years ago.

KHB

Site Donor
Reaction score
Murray,

Did abman's diagram help? I'll make a drawing of mine for you if you like.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Seat belt docking clip or holder

#7 is right on!!
Has anyone seen an intact example of this part or know of one laying around?

Thanks for your help!

TodB

Reaction score
seatbelt piece

Hi Murray,

I THINK I have one in my coupe and will check tonight. If so, I can send it to you as long as I get it back sometime. No hurry.

gwittman

Reaction score
This is interesting. My 70 2800CS did not have one in it when I bought the car in 1980. It either never had one or it got broken before 1980.

I would like to get a closer look at it. I might be able to mold one out of a Carbon/PEEK material that is as strong as some aluminum alloys.