Valve cover -

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does the valve cover for a later M30 (say from a late 80's 735) fit my '70 2.8L?
I have opportunity to get one for next to nothing but don't know if it would even fit.
I have the stock air cleaner and other bits - I presume it would fit but don't know for sure...

Thanks

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does the valve cover for a later M30 (say from a late 80's 735) fit my '70 2.8L?
I have opportunity to get one for next to nothing but don't know if it would even fit.
I have the stock air cleaner and other bits - I presume it would fit but don't know for sure...

Thanks

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Kevin,

I have a 1991 valve cover from a 735i (e32). The front bolt hole in the valve cover is in a slightly different location. It won't align with the upper timing cover threaded hole (where the distributor is mounted). If you have a later front timing cover with the sideways mounted distributor then you should be ok.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Kevin,

I have a 1991 valve cover from a 735i (e32). The front bolt hole in the valve cover is in a slightly different location. It won't align with the upper timing cover threaded hole (where the distributor is mounted). If you have a later front timing cover with the sideways mounted distributor then you should be ok.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Sven-
I picked it up today... I plan on getting my existing VC powdercoated and such later so - this is (if nothing else) just to keep stuff from dropping into the valvetrain while I work on the old one.
If I luck out - I could actually 'install' it and run the engine in the meantime... But we'll see. This project is a ways off.... (amongst others)

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Sven-
I picked it up today... I plan on getting my existing VC powdercoated and such later so - this is (if nothing else) just to keep stuff from dropping into the valvetrain while I work on the old one.
If I luck out - I could actually 'install' it and run the engine in the meantime... But we'll see. This project is a ways off.... (amongst others)