USA-made jack stands you use?

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
The HF recall has made me decide to move away entirely from those jacks and ratchet style jack stands. Even with all the precautions --avoid side loads, equalize, check stability, backups (lift,tire/wheel) etc. , I spend too much time under those to be comfortable anymore.

I'm gravitating toward the Esco jack stands which are very popular on Rennlist and have been for many years, without incident. What other USA-made jacks are you using?

EDIT: Not made in USA... China. But I still like the pin and hole design better than the ratchet.

1590155132893.png

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have 4 Esco jack stands with flat tops, and a pair axle type posts (for solid axle cars). I have the low version. As you said, made in China, but the workmanship looks good to me. Made in china doesn’t always mean junk, it just means a company values profits over American jobs.

I also have some very old Sears 6 ton and 3 ton stands. I do have the HF aluminum stands and am wondering how safe they are and it I really need to shave 15 lbs off the weight of my 3000lbs trailer.