Unpainted Brass OFT with Label

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is my brass stripped of paint overflow tank with the correct label. The tank has been w/o a label for six months, so I will see how I like this long term.

Please free to post your opinions, humble and not so.

Steve
20191013_185729_resized.jpg

coupelady

Reaction score
I think it is quite nice looking. Thank you for posting as I did not realize that the tank had a sticker. Mine was painted black at one time. Do you think that the engine heat will work on the sticker and dry it out? That might be what happened to mine and the car living in the south.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For me, going to the length of polishing the beautiful brass to expose its nature is an "all in" proposition. I think the sticker interrupts that purity. You are either dead on original with black paint and sticker, or wonderfully polished and "naked". My opinion. That said, your tank is beautiful (yours too @Stevehose). ;)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got to say I like it painted too…sticker on :)

I like originality as much as possible :)
Well, that didn't take long. Sticker comes off today. Didn't last 24 hours. Agree, Steve, about the BEHR stamping. And the constructive criticism of others. That's one of the things I love about this Forum.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, that didn't take long. Sticker comes off today. Didn't last 24 hours. Agree, Steve, about the BEHR stamping. And the constructive criticism of others. That's one of the things I love about this Forum.

Can you clarify? Did you take it off, or did it not last?

Honolulu

Reaction score
Late to the party, I like polished without sticker. Brass tanks pretty rare, have seen very few. I suppose they are OE on some and not others.