U shaped felt liner for door windows

pmansson

Reaction score
I have tried the product that W&N have on 3 cars.
On all 6 doors, the felt seems too thick on the sides, leaving too little room for the glass to move freely up and down. I know and understand the procedure for the adjustments of the rear, black, slanting runner. I have spent hours trying to get it to work.
With the regulator arm disconnected, the window will barely move up and down with the aid of one hand. It certainly won´t drop down by its own weight.
I have used a fair amount of silicone.

My question is: is there a supplier in the US for this U shaped felt, and have people used it with good results?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peder,

I used Jaymic for my 2002, haven't checked to see if that is the same part for the coupes but it probably is. It was around $10 vs. the $50 that Mobile Tradition wanted and it works perfectly.

pmansson

Reaction score
Thanks,
price is totally irrelevant with 80 cm/car. I have spent hours trying to get the German product to fit. My conclusion is that it is simply too tight.
The electric motor will take it half way without much trouble, then 25% struggling and finally stop at 75%.
I will call Jaymic tomorrow, and ensure that they don´t get it from BMW and Germany.
Interesting to see what is available in the US....

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jaymic must have their own source (which I believe is German) or else they would be charging $50 a foot like Mobile Tradition, oops, BMW Classic.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have tried the product that W&N have on 3 cars.
On all 6 doors, the felt seems too thick on the sides, leaving too little room for the glass to move freely up and down. I know and understand the procedure for the adjustments of the rear, black, slanting runner. I have spent hours trying to get it to work.
With the regulator arm disconnected, the window will barely move up and down with the aid of one hand. It certainly won´t drop down by its own weight.
I have used a fair amount of silicone.

My question is: is there a supplier in the US for this U shaped felt, and have people used it with good results?

a small pic or drawing will help understand which part is this one, I am suspicious of what part is (and I might be interested in a solution before making myself up in one or other direction (supplier))

regards