Twin turbo CS on BAT

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a CSL in the same color. Not necessarily the best to show off those stunning body lines and the coolant leak "behind the dash" is worrying. The 17s also look out of character. All that said, it looks like someone put a lot of money into it and it will likely bring very good money. I think Coupe hotrods will be the next craze mirroring much of what's happened in the 911 world. It's getting financially feasible to repair a rusted coupe to non original specs (but solid) and drop a variety of modded bmw motors into them at substantially less than building a 911 RS/RSR clone with a built dual plug motor. And though they are apples and oranges, both cars began and have a strong core following. IMHO of course...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Said the guy who just bought a white car... :D

White looks great on certain cars. Teslas, 4Runners, Cadillacs.

Just not E9s for some reason.

Black looks great on old cudas, but not on early challengers.

Cars wear certain colors well. And certain others colors not so well.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score

Well I’m not going to re-spray the original paint unless I have to so I’m going to have to live with it for a while :D

Joking aside I think the blue vinyl roof on mine kind of helps with the white...
4427804A-9475-4809-8530-0E824AF2C5A7.jpeg

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Reading this on my phone, that photo puzzled me for a bit. Why would anyone want to go through the trouble of getting a license plate that says NEW SOAP.

It’s an original UK number plate. It’s just coincidence it reads “new soap”

The P at the end designates a 1975 number (car wasn’t registered for 18 months).

The E9 I previously tried to buy had a number plate of “WET LOOK” (K at the end for a 72’).

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It’s an original UK number plate. It’s just coincidence it reads “new soap”

The P at the end designates a 1975 number (car wasn’t registered for 18 months).

The E9 I previously tried to buy had a number plate of “WET LOOK” (K at the end for a 72’).

In the recent Goodwood auction, they were auctioning plate numbers. I’d never seen that. The amounts they brought were extraordinary.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
In the recent Goodwood auction, they were auctioning plate numbers. I’d never seen that. The amounts they brought were extraordinary.

Yes it can be big business here in the UK. Nowadays the DVLA (the licensing authority) holds back new plates that would be deemed as sought after and instead sells them at auction (https://dvlaregistrations.dvla.gov.uk/auction/newcatalogue/).

But in the past lots of plates were just allocated to cars but most would have ended up being bought by private buyers. For example the owner of the E9 bought "WET LOOK" as he ran a scuba diving shop!

This article details the most expensive plates sold : https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/the-uks-most-expensive-personalised-number-plates/

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

not sure i agree with you there Rob ... i think white looks great on any car with gentle curves. my 911 is white. on an e9, white with a red interior is one of THE best color combinations ... i like white with black too. i will admit its not my personal must have favorite ... where i prefer 70's colors like ceylon, turkis, baikal, atlantik + inka the most. but think about the combinations

ceylon with black
turkis with black
inka with black
chamonix with red

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
$86k.

Not bad! Thought it'd go higher.
Once again, a solid price for an e9 on BaT without solid evidence that the inner front fenders are sound. It's easy to inspect with a cheap borescope or with an iphone and a skinny wrist. I hope for the buyer that it is clean and dry up in there, because otherwise it is a lovely car.