Tundra Green 72 3.0 CS - no reserve auction

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is really promising for folks like me in the very bottom of the market (just in case). The $35K drivers are selling for $25K and the $5K beaters are selling for $10K plus. Go figure...

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
yall are crazy if you think those bids are legitimate.

I know shill bids happen, but I'm curious as to why you think these are shill bids on this car. The top bidder s***a(2097) has a pretty high feedback rating, so he's been on eBay for a while. Ebay takes a dim view of shill bidders.

Just because we don't see that much value in this car doesn't mean that someone isn't wanting to pay that much.

Ian

floridabmx

Reaction score
I know shill bids happen, but I'm curious as to why you think these are shill bids on this car. The top bidder s***a(2097) has a pretty high feedback rating, so he's been on eBay for a while. Ebay takes a dim view of shill bidders.

Just because we don't see that much value in this car doesn't mean that someone isn't wanting to pay that much.

Ian

That doesn't mean anything. You don't have any friends with eBay accounts who are willing to bump the price up for you?

I've owned probably 20 e9's in that condition and have offered them on eBay.

eBay auctions dont work like BaT.

They work as in put your highest bid in and then eBay will automatically out bid to next bidder.

What this tells me is the seller bidded or had a friend bid it to 10k.

Now hes just waiting for someone to over bid 10k.

That's probably his optimistic reserve (even though its a "no reserve auction".

Noone on ebay says oh theres 2 days to go! Let me run the price up even more by bidding now!

Trust me, its shill bidding.

m73

Reaction score
Here is the bid history up till now: I won't comment because there is very little about ebay that I know about.

It does seem interesting that the same bidder would increase his previous bid with no competition....

ebay.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is the bid history up till now: I won't comment because there is very little about ebay that I know about.

It does seem interesting that the same bidder would increase his previous bid with no competition....

ebay.JPG

AFAIK Ebay doesn't show every bid. It shows the bids that outbid other bidders.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
You can see every bid by hitting the 'show automatic bids' text on the upper right. I've attached the bid list below. Automatic bids are in grey.

I have sometimes raised by bid well before the auction ends because I"m going to be busy and decided that I want that item so I put in an 'almost certain to win' bid price. Not with a car and certainly not anything at this price level.

Yeah, I've seen auctions that zoom up at the end, and I've seen ones that rise quickly and then sit then at the same price till it closes days later.

Ian
eBay-Item-Bid-History.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just a few minutes left - bidding is up to $13,600. Frankly, I am amazed at this when compared to the Nevada example that sold on BaT last week for nearly the same. The Nevada car appeared to exhibit issues, too - but presented considerably better. This one has quite evident issues - wow. Hope she will be saved and roll once again...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just a few minutes left - bidding is up to $13,600. Frankly, I am amazed at this when compared to the Nevada example that sold on BaT last week for nearly the same. The Nevada car appeared to exhibit issues, too - but presented considerably better. This one has quite evident issues - wow. Hope she will be saved and roll once again...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score