Trouble mounting Marchal fog lights

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought a set of lights from Enoz. When I tried to mount them I found they could not be made tight enough to keep the lamp in place. Look at the first pic: A is a cup shaped thick metal washer and B is where the pivot point is. Right in between you can barely see a square protrusion that prevents the cup washer from snugging up to the pivot point. Pic 2 shows that squared off area better. I think this is missing a piece. The fog lights are useless if I cannot mount them.
Ideas? Should Enoz take them back?

fullsizeoutput_e2f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_e30.jpeg

Rod Cole

Reaction score
Your Marchal lights are somewhat different than the set I just got from Enzo, but I'll post some photos showing the parts in the right order which securest lights well. If you know someone with a lathe they should be able to make up a couple parts with a hole bigger than that "square" and tighten them right up~
P8100586.JPG
P8100587.JPG
P8100588.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Stan,

I see your issue now. I think he should take them back if it comes to that. Before either of you going through that, you should see if you can find a good countersunk washer that clears the squared off piece. Measure the diameter of the bolt and convert to inches. Do the same with the squared off section. Take a look at grainger (or bellmetric using mm) to see what you can find.

Here are grainger countersunk washers. You want a solid washer, not the hollow ones used for light duty trim work. You want the washer to clear the shoulder on that bolt. You can also look up spherical washers.

Grainger Countersunk Washers - Google Search

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Enoz found the correct piece and is sending today!
I can't wait to receive them.
Looking into getting replacement seals for between the chrome housing and the glass lens

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking into getting replacement seals for between the chrome housing and the glass lens

I’m not surprised, he’s a pro!

enoz05

Site Donor
Reaction score

Stan,

I can get a set replacement seals for the Marchal lights. One is definitely NOS, the other in very good condition.
Let me know if you're interested.

SV106677.JPG SV106678.JPG

Regards
Enoz

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan, welcome to the Marchal dark side, or is it now the bright side? Ba da bing...