Tracking your cars history!

Stefan

Reaction score
Tracking your cars history?
I noticed an earlier post yesterday that it sometimes could be difficult to track an old cars history.

Perhaps this is unique for Sweden, but could also be an input for looking for similar registry in other countries?

In Sweden there is a fairly unknown public government registry including all documents from old cars registered in Sweden regarding:

• Swedish BMW importers registry documents
• Changing ownership including car dealers and previous owners name, address and Swedish social number
• Events reported such as “not longer in traffic” etc.

In a Swedish car magazine last year, I was reading of a car owner (Jag E-Type) that used this registry to gather all previous owners for a reunion. That’s fun!
I noticed by the way regarding to my cars previous owners date of birth, that probably some are not longer with us anymore (R.I.P).

FYI to Swedish registrated car owners! Contact info below and I guess the original documents are on microfilm, but you will receive a decent paper copy for 1€/each.

Svensk arkivinformation
Box 160
S-88040 Ramsele
Tfn 0623-72500

DougE

Site Donor
Reaction score
History

You can also contact Andreas Harz @ [email protected]. You e-mail your vin # and he will provide the production date, also when and to which importer it was sold. I know this works for US cars, I suspect it works for all cars BMW produced.

Doug