Tow truck busted my front axle support

lsquaredb

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a front axle support. It's part 31111110149. RealOEM shows it as ended, W+N doesn't list it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Leonard
'70 2800CSA Bristol

Mike Goble

Reaction score
I have one sitting in my side yard. I took it from an E3 a few years ago with the thought of doing a complete rebuild of the front end, but somehow that never happened. PM me and we can talk.

mosearch

Reaction score
Only $700?
What a deal.
I paid almost that much ($550) to Bill Arnold to weld and restore mine original...and that didn't even get those cute tow hooks fixed.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Leonard,
What happened!? Your car looked great at Lars Anderson.
Next year consider Concours Class or at least Super Clean
Stan

lsquaredb

Reaction score
The damage happened the weekend before Larz. I was on my way back from picking up a book and looking at a Glaserati under restoration when the car lost its ability to idle. The engine would run fine at speed, but wouldn't idle at all. This happened on 128 in really heavy stop and go traffic that went on for miles. I tried driving with both feet, one on the brake, the other trying to keep the revs up, but the car kept stalling on the freeway. The battery was getting low and it was getting hard to start, so I decided to get off the road and call a tow truck before I caused an accident.

The tow truck operator put the straps through the oval holes in the front axle mount and tore it up winching the car onto the flatbed. I didn't notice the damage until the next day when I was fixing the idle problem and saw some jagged metal that shouldn't be there.

For a few day prior to this I had been having stalling problems caused by connectors falling off of the fuel shut off solenoid in the front carb. Ultimately three connectors were replaced, but the problem on 128 was due to the solenoid failing. Maybe an intermittent connection caused the solenoid to break.

I'm a little annoyed, but I didn't cause an accident on 128 or have a heart attack, and the car didn't roll of the truck into traffic, so it could have been worse.

Bavman

Reaction score
I have a really nice one with both tow loops intact, $200 delivered to you. You have to be careful if either of the tow loops are ripped off they can cause a crack to run to the cap welded on that holds the suspension rod compression bushing...

You will need to email me at [email protected] if you are interested in this part.

Thanks

Al Taylor
ps, you can google Al Taylor BMW to see that I am a real person.