Top Body/Paint People In Boston Area

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jumping on the bandwagon here. My guys are retired and my tomato red coupe (color code per SFdon) is going to be restored to its original Taiga in the near future. Any comments appreciated.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bob
Are you stripping the car of trim etc and going to reassemble yourself or do you want a full service where you drop of a complete car and get back a complete car?

Driver, nice driver, show quality, pebble beach quality?

Are you doing the engine bayand trunk areas?

There are a bunch of great paint shops in and near Boston. But there really is only one great E9 shop, VSR1.

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
VSR1, period. It's close by, they know what they doing and the results are excellent.

TodB

Reaction score
Love Taiga.

Learn from another recent poster's mistakes and use a shop who is familiar with these cars especially if you are going to depend upon them to disassemble and assemble. Use VSR. Steve the painter is a wizard. Downside is that there is probably a queue of clients ahead of you.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jumping on the bandwagon here. My guys are retired and my tomato red coupe (color code per SFdon) is going to be restored to its original Taiga in the near future. Any comments appreciated.
Oh boy, Tiaga will be splendid! VSR do a bare metal respray I disassembled as much as I could. I sent the aluminum trim to Speedway in CA and worked on cleaning and painting anything else it could. You can pull most of the interior and door panels. Going for a color change means pulling the engine. VSR can do that and freshen the engine too. One thing, make sure you provide them with the tail lights and front grills as soon as you clean them so they are available for proper fitting.
Call VSR and get on the list !!

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you do the dis/reassembly yourself then you’ll can consider places that paint well but aren’t E9 experts.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Only number you need is VSR's 603-228-2888, go up and check out the facility. Mario and Chris will work with you and your budget and lay out a timeline.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Really just need to strip to metal and paint , all trim off, windshields out. I already have 2k primer on the nose behind the grill and the entire trunk and the interior. Engine bay is still Taiga luckily

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
That decision is easy for this guy with a 2 car garage and 8 cars. I actually have an Excel spreadsheet with oil types, filter numbers, drain plug sizes and location, oil volume and date and mileage of last change of all fluids.