Thoughts on Momo Sebring Wheel

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Hi all! I am an avid yet modest collector of BMW Steering wheels and just looking for some opinions on this one. I do enjoy all of the OEM wheels and typical period correct wheels, but have also tried to expand my collection to wheels that have some connections with the history of BMW especially racing history. Anyway, I have an opportunity to purchase this very cool 38cm stacked logo Momo Sebring Wheel. While this was never meant for a BMW e9 of course, it was around when Brian Redman, Hans Stuck, and other drove the No. 25 3.0 CSL to victory during BMW’s 1975 win in the 12 Hours of Sebring, a first for the company in North America. Also of course the wheel was not used in the CSL, again for me it’s just a cool tie in with the racing history of BMW. I’m just having fun with this post, so feel free to share your opinions, thoughts, or stories! Either way the wheel is a pretty badass 38cm stacked MoMo that would be cool to own, so it’s a win-win in my opinion!

F7BD8A21-8DC5-4CCC-B819-8D7F2941B315.jpeg

B00433BD-A005-4B28-8611-DEC9C5CE6622.jpeg

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Teahead -
instead of
MOMO,
it would be
MO
MO

John - my experience is that the flat wheels are more flexible because the dishing acts to "triangulate" the wheel and ist thus stiffer. Second thing is that you either need a taller/deeper hub or add a spacer so that your knuckles don't hit the steering column stalk switches.