Sunroof Motor Tech

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi,

This is a problem I'm having with my e3. Since those forums seem pretty quite I thought I'd run it by here.

My e3 has a factory power sunroof that is not working. Hasn't worked since I bought the car last year. Now that it's warm I'd like to use it. The sunroof is on the same fuse as the blower motor and that's not working either. Using a test light I found no power at the fuse or at the sunroof switch. I'm not sure what to do next or how to trace the power to the fuse.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John M

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi,

This is a problem I'm having with my e3. Since those forums seem pretty quite I thought I'd run it by here.

My e3 has a factory power sunroof that is not working. Hasn't worked since I bought the car last year. Now that it's warm I'd like to use it. The sunroof is on the same fuse as the blower motor and that's not working either. Using a test light I found no power at the fuse or at the sunroof switch. I'm not sure what to do next or how to trace the power to the fuse.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John M

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
There might be a "load shedding" relay in the circuit for the heater blower and sunroof. Probably one of the three, or four, or five relays near the fuse panel. The relay probably turns on when the ignition is in the run position, and connects voltage/current directly from the battery (red wire.) Good luck.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
There might be a "load shedding" relay in the circuit for the heater blower and sunroof. Probably one of the three, or four, or five relays near the fuse panel. The relay probably turns on when the ignition is in the run position, and connects voltage/current directly from the battery (red wire.) Good luck.