Sun Visor Mounts-Final Forum Call

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am finishing up on all of the orders I received for the metal replacement sun visor mounts and want to give forum members a last chance as I put them now on eBay. I'll increase the price slightly for eBay becuase of the cut eBay takes.

You can search the previous threads, but to repeat: They are available in off white ("cream"), black, and uncoated if you wish to paint them yourself. Powder coated they are $70 per set (1 pair, left and right) and $50 uncoated. Plus USPS shipping to your location, in the US about $3.00 per set, a bit more to Canada and more to Europe, Australia and other locations (e.g. Indonesia).

They are guaranteed not to break, for your life or mine. If they break when I am dead you're SOL.

I prefer contact via [email protected]. I need your name and mailing address.

Everyone seems to be very satisfied who has let me know. I would never have guessed so many people had the same problem as I!

jim

rb1971

Reaction score
Jim-

Thanks again for these. If anyone is one the fence, I have these in my car now and they are a substantial improvement over the factory items.

-John

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sun visor mounts

I'm afraid the opportunity is gone. The fellow who was pouring them for me got tired of doing it. Sorry.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Another run or individual item

Do you still have the moulds for the clips? I use a two component urethane casting product the is white when it cures but can be dyed any colour. Hardness is that of Delrin and very durable and cheep.

Doug

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sun visor mounts

I do have the moulds. Please tell me where to get the urethane components and any other details and I'll give it a try.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hi,

a friend that is finishing his coupe has had an accident when a friend came to see his car, and broke one of these, he needs a pair of these reproduced sunvisor mounts,

i have asked ES 1800 for a set but he mentioned that he will make no more sets

so if anyone wants to sell his spares i will be happy to consider and give a solution to my friend

Last edited:

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
hi,

a friend that is finishing his coupe has had an accident when a friend came to see his car, and broke one of these, he needs a pair of these reproduced sunvisor mounts,

i have asked ES 1800 for a set but he mentioned that he will make no more sets

so if anyone wants to sell his spares i will be happy to consider and give a solution to my friend

Is this something that a 3D printer has potential for ?...technology will be needed to preserve our babies going forward . A big E9 owner in Germany (nameless at this time ) is investigating but please kick in with ideas .My skill set is limited to crayons

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Coupe King sells repro visor mounts. Wonder if the same supplier can make visor pivots as well???

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not so simple as that.

Is this something that a 3D printer has potential for ?...technology will be needed to preserve our babies going forward . A big E9 owner in Germany (nameless at this time ) is investigating but please kick in with ideas .My skill set is limited to crayons

For something relatively small, 3D printing isn't a very good choice as the surface finish often isn't very smooth. And the strength and color of the materiel aren't as easy to choose as they are dictated by the available filaments.
Printing can also be quite slow, resulting in a relatively high cost per item.
I'm looking into creating molds for several items to recreate them by injection molding, the same as they were originally made. Mold creation is tricky, but once done will allow for many parts to be made.

Ian

1970 2800CS

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
For something relatively small, 3D printing isn't a very good choice as the surface finish often isn't very smooth. And the strength and color of the materiel aren't as easy to choose as they are dictated by the available filaments.
Printing can also be quite slow, resulting in a relatively high cost per item.
I'm looking into creating molds for several items to recreate them by injection molding, the same as they were originally made. Mold creation is tricky, but once done will allow for many parts to be made.

Ian

1970 2800CS

Thanks Ian, would be great if you could follow through on injection moulding for pivot mounts ...are hood & fender grilles on your list ? Simon