Sun Roof Felts

pamp

Reaction score
Finally broke down and did the felt install. I used '84 Volvo spec felts - black - as I think it better matches to "Siena" Also, the felts do not have the metal sandwich as per OEM gray and were a lot easier to manipulate. Wurths Rubber glue is really good stuff. I believe Porsche is also a source for the felts in black.
Really, I would not wish this job on anyone, pretty tough.
Off topic - I believe there must have been a Lucas engineer in the wood pile when they designed the various motors on this car. Conspiracy theory...
100_1140.jpg

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are you having any issues with wind noise and the new felt? My OEM felt is coming apart and I will be doing a repair soon. How much did the '84 Volvo felt cost you and where did you source it?

thanks,

Walt

pamp

Reaction score
I got the felts through an online parts supplier. Again, spec for the '84 Volvo 240. About $60.00 Carl uses Porsche for black, I have not seen these so have no comment.
In my case as I had a siezed cable and other issues, yes head liner was removed but was shot anyway as the roof pan was rusted out. Built my own with stainless sheet, sealed, new drain hoses, etc. It is not necessary to remove the head liner if you have a functioning roof.
Open the roof aprox. 3 cm Pop off the interior panel from the sunroof panel at the front (about 6 clips) and push this panel rearward. This will expose the mechanical bits. Two guides at the front, right and left. The two cable attachments to the rear. Remove the bolts for these front and rear attachments and pull the panel.The roof can be adjusted at both the front and rear, a trial and error deal. Make sure to lube up all the moving parts and rails prior to reasembly. No wind noise that I have noticed, and the car is so quiet now after doing a full on Dynaliner / Dynamat sound proofing...almost Benz-like!
Cheers,
Al in Comox