Source or substitute for seal on top of door inside chrome trim?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
On the top of the door there is chrome trim, inside that trim there is a seal

51211816761 Brush

Does anyone know of a source for this or a substitute?

It is the same part number left and right, when installed there are cutouts, are they symmetrical or do you make the cuts when you install it?

Thanks

inovermyhead

Reaction score
http://www.oldautorubber.com/

Try these people if you get really stuck, the original is NLA, and has been for some time.
I got some generic brush strip and cut it to fit the curve, then I think from memory, brush and new rubber is riveted to the trim piece, don’t quote me on that it was a while ago.

John

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Rek and John
thanks for the links! there are some interesting products and sources out there
The item from car builders solutions looks like the ticket, only problem is shipping cost from them to me

Rek

Reaction score
I bought it from somewhere and now cannot find where. I will check my emails and research and let you know. It works really well and bends to whatever shape required.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Alan, the brush for the curved trim is NLA, your post showed a different piece ( door ,outer under chrome trim)
The curved rubber piece is available widely
You have to make your own brush seal, check out trim and auto rubber suppliers is your area, you will find something you can adapt.

John

Rek

Reaction score
The rim on the link in my post above is the bendable type. Alumimunium (sic) strip with steel sections that articulate where needed. I did post somewhere but it seems to have disappeared.