Source for Zenith carb jets?

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for the 35/40 INAT carb jets, particularly the long thin idle jet? Mobile-T doesn't list it for my 2800CS. I drilled out the old one that was seized in place thinking (incorrectly) they came with the rebuild kits.

Cheers and thanks, H.

Honolulu

Reaction score
carb jets

I ~THINK~ or I somewhere sometime heard that they are the same as used on other carbs, so a Weber supplier may have jets for you.

Seized in place? First time I've heard that for a brass jet in pot metal. Did you run a lot of water through there, or were they sitting with water in the bowl?

MMercury

Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for the 35/40 INAT carb jets, particularly the long thin idle jet? Mobile-T doesn't list it for my 2800CS. I drilled out the old one that was seized in place thinking (incorrectly) they came with the rebuild kits.

Cheers and thanks, H.

It used to be that in many municipalities there were shops that actually specialized in rebuilding carburetors. (There were also TV repairmen too.) Make a quick search in your area for someone advertising carb repairs, you never know who might have that part.

There have been a lot of Weber conversions, which probably resulted in many shops and E9'ers with too many Zenith door stops. Locate them in your area. Could also post a WTB ad in the classifieds for an entire carb to cannibalize for spares.

Lastly, while this may seem like blasphemy, Mercedes' sources may be able to help as that Marque also made use of the Zeniths'. Try their usual suppliers/dealers. (For example: http://mercedesforum.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2809.html)

If I had one, I'd gladly part with it. Been there done that.

Good luck.

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
I ~THINK~ or I somewhere sometime heard that they are the same as used on other carbs, so a Weber supplier may have jets for you.

Seized in place? First time I've heard that for a brass jet in pot metal. Did you run a lot of water through there, or were they sitting with water in the bowl?

I'm not sure why it was stuck; WD-40 didn't help loosen it. Part of the problem was there was very little material that one could grap to pull the thing up. I got it to spin in its cavity but just couldn't get it to come up. Of course, the bottom of the jet is sealed off, inhibiting punching out from below.