SOLD Very nice fuel cap with key and bmw emblem

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if one says that the part is available at the dealer, and it is NOT, that is not frigging feedback, that is a load of dirt upon a sale, and on the seller
if one compares a non original part, aftermarket, what else ? ....with an original part, that is not a correct comparison
posting a link from a part aggregator that does not even have the parts available is again a wrong comparison
not to mention the funny faces of some xxyz (you did see that one, right ?)
fyi Jesus, just to be clear, getbmwparts.com is not an aggregator ... its a commercial parts arm of an actual BMW dealer. i do not buy from those other guys (ecs tuning, etc)

congrats to Sebs for selling a nice looking part for a reasonable price

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
The biggest question I have is..........why was there a lock on a gas cap back then when gas was like 79 cents a gallon?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Now that this commotion is over and the part is sold, if someone is looking for a similar one here it is.
NOS but missing the gasket which is easily replaced. NMNA

I guess I am not familiar with the German eBay "classifieds". My regular eBay login doesn't work, and I don't see the same part on the regular German eBay site. Anyway, looks nice. But one more thing I probably don't "need". ;)

Sebs

Reaction score
Now that this commotion is over and the part is sold, if someone is looking for a similar one here it is.
NOS but missing the gasket which is easily replaced. NMNA

He asked 90 EUR shipping included earlier. I asked him and said thats too much for me :) Then later he lowered the price to 50 EUR + shipping (from Netherlands)
Good price now!

Attachments

• Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    775 KB · Views: 66

Sebs

Reaction score
I guess I am not familiar with the German eBay "classifieds". My regular eBay login doesn't work, and I don't see the same part on the regular German eBay site. Anyway, looks nice. But one more thing I probably don't "need". ;)

eBay classifieds was 'kijiji.com' earlier. eBay bought them and gave them a new name. Just for classifieds. Separated from ebay.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

easy enough to register with them. These are ‘free’ adverts and no commission owed to sell or buy although the down side is, getting ripped off which lately has become a problem. But because it’s a free site lots of good stuff appears compared to regular EBay.de

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The biggest question I have is..........why was there a lock on a gas cap back then when gas was like 79 cents a gallon?
i guess you don't remember the oil embargo of the early 70's ... and gas lines in the mid / late 70's when stations were running out of gas. people would siphon gas out of people's tanks. since the 80's and the advent of centralized electric lock systems, BMW and others locked the gas flap when locking the car.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I actually do remember. You could only line up on odd or even days depending on the last number of your license plate.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I feel that the benefits of the classifieds discussion far outweigh any downsides that regular sellers may encounter. Any seller may chose to go with eBay if they aren’t comfortable having their parts compared to new or other used offerings. If members (sellers or commenters) are being jerks, the forum members will police themselves.

hey rs, the things you do not see, are the ones you do not see, you only see the things you see, right

lets enlighten this a bit

if one says that the part is available at the dealer, and it is NOT, that is not frigging feedback, that is a load of dirt upon a sale, and on the seller
if one compares a non original part, aftermarket, what else ? ....with an original part, that is not a correct comparison
posting a link from a part aggregator that does not even have the parts available is again a wrong comparison
not to mention the funny faces of some xxyz (you did see that one, right ?)
i recall a similar story with someone that mixed up fuel pumps, then when it was already sold came back for the real thing
i propose a direct check with the seller not to blurr the whole thread and then you might react if needed
it is funny that the sellers feedback is monitored and the for sale adverts not...

....mental note for myself...something to think about today