SoCal Vintage BMW meet 2018: November 3.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/11th-annual-socal-vintage-bmw-meet-2018-woodley-ave-park-013698

"Welcome to the 11th Annual Southern California Vintage BMW Meet which will take place on Saturday, November 3, 2018! The Meet will run from 8AM - 4PM.

As always the Meet is at Woodley Park in Van Nuys, which is the premier outdoor venue for car events in the LA area. Those of you that participated with us in past years already know how great a location this is - and we are planning to have the same great fun with great Vintage BMWs as we do every fall!

The SoCal Vintage BMW Meet is always the first Saturday in November so it will be the same weekend as the France and Italy car show which is always the first Sunday November - a great car weekend overall!

The show is open to all Vintage BMWs from from 1989 back, including all cars to the end of those models production runs (E34,E32,E31,E30, E28, E26, E24, E23, E21, E20, E12, E9, E6, E3, 2002, Neu Klasse, 700, Isetta and all going back) which makes the SoCal Vintage BMW Meet the largest independent Vintage BMW Meet in North America. BMW Motorrad are also welcome - but Airheads only!

The SoCal Vintage BMW Meet encompasses the entire SoCal Vintage BMW community from the Central Coast to San Diego. Each year we have many drivers caravan down from the SF Bay Area, San Jose, Sacramento, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Utah and even Florida as well!

Each year The SoCal Vintage BMW Meet has a turnout of over 400 cars and drivers - this year will be no different - probably even more!

We also give out Driver's Choice Awards for favorite cars voted on by the Meet participants, which is always fun every year.

This will once again be a great opportunity to be out with our great Vintage BMW community, seeing old friends and making new ones!

Make your plans now so you don't miss the largest independent Meet for the Vintage BMW Community in North America, set in the backdrop of beautiful Woodley Park!"

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks B. I encourage all to register this weekend (the price goes up after next weekend) - we have a strong e9 community out here in SoCal, with HBChris at the helm, and we want a super turnout for the 50th anniversary of the e9. We're encouraging a friendly competition between the e9s and e3s to see which groups get more cars out for their 50th anniversary.

Looking forward to seeing you all on 11.3. If you haven't attended our meet, it's really worth it, especially now that we've moved it so the France and Italy show is the following day.

Thanks as always for all your support!
Jeff (& John)

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks B. I encourage all to register this weekend (the price goes up after next weekend) - we have a strong e9 community out here in SoCal, with HBChris at the helm, and we want a super turnout for the 50th anniversary of the e9. We're encouraging a friendly competition between the e9s and e3s to see which groups get more cars out for their 50th anniversary.

Looking forward to seeing you all on 11.3. If you haven't attended our meet, it's really worth it, especially now that we've moved it so the France and Italy show is the following day.

Thanks as always for all your support!
Jeff (& John)

You mean the superior model of the two, the E3? Oh, we will have a better showing guaranteed......they are not all rusted out....Sarc...c-mon...well not really..He he...See ya there Jeff...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We will park all of the e9s together, same with e3, NK, etc. We have a dedicated Vintage entrance, usually the southern most one.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am registered, yet will be in Georgia/SC on the Classic CCA Lowcountry Tour. Hope you all have a great time, hope I can make it next year.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Missing this year, too...:-(. Family trip planned, last minute, and, of course, I have no say in it...lol. Maybe my car will be on the road next year! Maybe.... Man, the Woodley park is only 30 min away...grrrr.....

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This sounds like a really great event. I look forward to living vicariously through your pictures. :cool:

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just buttoned up the Bav for the show. Minor hit and run threw me for a loop for a while, paint, body, bumper work. Looks better than before with a few tweaks....Didn't get around to some planned upgrades/mods but just happy she is back and driving etc.....luckily they caught the perp.....long story but now it needs a major detailing.....word of advice from prior shows if your first time. Don't go crazy day before detailing your car....it's a great venue but sometimes very dusty....wait until after show to clean the car. There is usually more dirt than grass.....I don't think there is any concours judging anyways, correct? Hopefully you E9 and E3 owners show up, usually very light in the E9 department for how many there are in SoCal/Central Coast.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Going to be a strong showing for both cars - looks like around 15 E9s and 15 E3s if you count the sponsor cars......