SEM color coat spray cans, how many cans for resparying trunk panels?

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to put a coat of color on my old trunk panels, the question is, how many cans should I buy?
I don't have the luxury to be able to buy it from a store, have to order it online, and it would be great if anybody who has used this product before could give me any idea on how much to buy?

Cheers,

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I use Storm Grey

Yes, I've read that Storm Grey is suitable for our trunk panels, thanks anyway!
Another question, has anybody sprayed their sunvisors? If so, what color did you use? I'm leaning towards Super White. (not really super white in reality)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i agree with Chris, it will take a minimum of 2. it really depends on how much you are respraying and how much you have to coverup. if you are spraying the 3 floor panels, the panel on the back of the rear seat, the skin on the fenders and the trunk + tool box, you could get into the 3rd can.

i have never bought any of the whites. i will look when i get home tonight, i have an actual color chart ... which is different than looking at it online.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
i agree with Chris, it will take a minimum of 2. it really depends on how much you are respraying and how much you have to coverup. if you are spraying the 3 floor panels, the panel on the back of the rear seat, the skin on the fenders and the trunk + tool box, you could get into the 3rd can.

i have never bought any of the whites. i will look when i get home tonight, i have an actual color chart ... which is different than looking at it online.

Right now only the three floor panels + trunk lid panels + toolkit, I have yet to find/buy or build the rest of the missing panels. But I'll take three so I don't have to order more later to avoid shipping expenses.

If you have an actual color chart, it would be much appreciated if you could go out and take a look!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Robert,

there are 5 whites on the sample page - skip white, gloss white and phantom white. the two closest without being exact are sailcloth white and super white. super white looks to be the closest. it is perhaps slightly darker than my visors. it is a slightly "warm" white ... which is what i would go for. it is NOT a sunny day in Atlanta, in fact it is raining, so i can't pull the coupe out in the daylight to look. i will try again tomorrow for final verification.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Hi Robert,
I used Super White on my visors and on the hard panel that they fit into and they matched the fabric I got from LJI very closely, you really can't pick it.
I also used Storm Grey for the panels in the boot/trunk, again a good match and with some very careful masking used Satin Black for the dash top and plastics in and around the centre console, door cards and all the black vinyl that wasn't replaced with new, came out like new.Very impressed.

John