Selling 3.0cs Santa Barbara

Steve H

Reaction score
After much pontification I've decided to offer my recently acquired coupe for sale it’s a really great car but I have 5 cars and no money and this car really needs to be garaged it’s a question of last in first out. Here is what it is :
1974 3.0CSA originally Fiord Blue now Polaris Silver it was painted before 2nd owner got it in 1980’s so older paint. I’ts a Central California blue plate car stored inside since the early 1990’s . The best think about this car is the body it is rust free and straight not sort of rust free but 100% the underneath is superb. Odo shows 68k which is believable but it doesn’t work , I’m guessing it might have stopped working during it’s hibernation because the car looks like a very low mileage example the original steering wheel is mint. I Bought it not running with the front steering apart got it running but it had a badly blown head gasket so I sourced a used head and had it rebuilt, the valves were mint as were the springs but we put in new guides and seals all built by a proper guy. Put it all together did everything properly as I really wanted to keep the car, the engine runs great ,oh forgot to mention the car has about 500 miles on a rebuilt transmission it shifts like butter. here’s the weird thing everything on this car works from the electric antennae to the interior lights it’s like driving a 8 year old Bimmer with 60k on it . I am going to the BMW meet at Woodley Park on the 31st it will be there if not sold before I want $22,500 for it but would take a 2002 trade or WHY for up to $10k . Car is registered in Ca in my name till August 2016 it has both it’s original plates feel free to call me on 805 331 2184

Attachments

• cupe2.jpg
    cupe2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 417
  • cupe3.jpg
    cupe3.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 458
  • cupe6.jpg
    cupe6.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 395
  • cupe1.jpg
    cupe1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 497

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a solid car for a fare price. You may want to reconsider the 100% rust free claim as there are many pockets these cars rust from where they may not be evident by a quick inspection. But again you may have found a unicorn. Good luck with the sale.

Steve H

Reaction score
Unicorn

Verde
I will take a leaf out of the Aussie’s book (selling in the above thread)and use his term it is "as Rust free as an E9 can be"

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I noticed some members looking recently. If the body really is super clean this may be a good time to jump on a reasonably priced e9. Body work is much more difficult (and expensive) than mechanical work :)

Steve H

Reaction score
Trunk shot coupe in SB

I took a picture of the trunk ands will try to add more as I go

Attachments

• abc1.jpg
    abc1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 283
  • abc2.jpg
    abc2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 260

Steve H

Reaction score
BMW in SB more pics

Underneath:

Attachments

• abmc5.jpg
    abmc5.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 210
  • abmc4.jpg
    abmc4.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 231
  • abmc2.jpg
    abmc2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 229
  • abmc1.jpg
    abmc1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 228

Steve H

Reaction score
more pics of SB car

I cannot find any rust on this car it is beautifully honest underneath

Attachments

• abmcc3.jpg
    abmcc3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 257
  • abmc5.jpg
    abmc5.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 227
  • abmc7.jpg
    abmc7.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 252
  • abmc8.jpg
    abmc8.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 254

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very nice

This looks like a very good buy to me. The description of recent work adds good value in my mind. I would suggest taking a couple of engine compartment shots showing the channel where the outer and inner fenders meet. For me that area always speaks volumes regarding rust or the lack of it. It would also show just how comprehensive the color change was. Good luck with the sale.

amg5872

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I keep going back to the ad. I would seriously consider buying it if I can get my confidence factor up on potential rust issues. I have an E3 but have been looking for a solid driver to step up to the E9. Can anyone recommend someone in this area for a PPI? Thanks.

Steve H

Reaction score
BMW in SB underhood

tell me when you guys get bored

Attachments

• abmcs2.jpg
    abmcs2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 274
  • abmcd4.jpg
    abmcd4.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 238
  • abmca1.jpg
    abmca1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 249
  • abmcb3.jpg
    abmcb3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 259

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The only explanation for the absence of rust is that this may be the missing mysterious Stainless Steel Coupe...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Duct tape on the washer fluid hose. I knew there was a catch! :D

On a serious note, did the gas tank take a hit? It looks dented in the pics. I wouldn't consider that a problem, and shouldn't affect the price.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve,

Bring it to Woodley Park on Saturday to the SoCal Vintage Meet with title and a for sale sign. I've already had people asking if any e9s will be for sale....

Jeff

Steve H

Reaction score
BMW in SB

Jeff
I already have paid for a spot so I will be there in fact two buddies will be bringing their E’9s so you will see a convoy coming down the 101, should be fun even if the car doesn’t sell. The car is going to Schneider in SB today for a brake flush, oil change and a new fan clutch .

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks

Steve,

Those last shots of the engine bay should convince buyers of the quality and lack of rust. Good luck this weekend and I hope it sells to someone in the "community".