Selling 1971 2800 CS SN 2270352

63g4

Reaction score
I purchased the car in early 80's and performed a rust restoration in mid 80's. I did not restore it to concourse but rather as a solid driver. It has been kept in a heated garage and not driven in the winter. There is no rust and the paint is still in very good condition. It drives well. There are a number of spares shown in the Flickr album and described in the spec sheet. I live in Portland, Or. Asking price is $14.5k. Inspections welcome. email with any additional questions.

Pete

http://www.flickr.com/photos/s4elan/6918923399/in/set-72157629059580676/lightbox/

Attachments

• 1971 BMW 2800CS.pdf
    15.9 KB · Views: 238

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hopefully this ends up in enthusiast hands. Nice looking car.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good set of photos.

Without the badges and trim it shows off the common styling cues with the iso rivolta.

Curious about a couple of things that have no bearing on your sale of what looks like a nice car:

What is the badge on the nose? Looks smaller and flatter than regular, but can't see it in photos.

Did you make the arm rest yourself and were the controls from somewhere on the seats originally?

Any issues with the "c" pillar roundel delete?

Is that carpet-pad under the hood?

What is that on the passenger side behind firewall next to fan cowl?

Should go quick, as it likely does.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
E24/E28 seat controls were on the center

armrest. But that's not an E24 console as I recall they had a handbrake cover but no actual armrest.

Did you make the arm rest yourself and were the controls from somewhere on the seats originally?

63g4

Reaction score

Good set of photos.

Without the badges and trim it shows off the common styling cues with the iso rivolta.

Curious about a couple of things that have no bearing on your sale of what looks like a nice car:

What is the badge on the nose? Looks smaller and flatter than regular, but can't see it in photos.

Any issues with the "c" pillar roundel delete?

Is that carpet-pad under the hood?

What is that on the passenger side behind firewall next to fan cowl?

Should go quick, as it likely does.

I have a friend with an Iso Rivolta and we believe the roofline is really similar. They also rust like crazy.
The badge on the hood is the inner piece of the "c" pillar badge (see crack on photo)
Under hood is a heat resistance material.
Don't know what the seats came out of. I made the console.
I believe you are looking at one of many pieces of vinyl perforated foam to help sound deaden. See trunk picture also [/I]

Pete

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pete was nice enough to let me look at his coupe yesterday. I really like the way he did his console and I wanted to get some ideas for doing something similar in my coupe. Pete is a super cool car guy and a heck of a fabricator. Between his Elan, race car, and coupe I could have spent another hour roaming around his garage looking at stuff and BSing with him.

Anyway, it sounds like he has sold his coupe already. Whoever bought it is getting a nice one. It does have some mods but the body looks incredible and paint looks great for being a 20 some years old.