Saw a 73 for sale in Malibu

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know I need to put together a proper thread, but wanted to update on this car-- purchased June 6, 2019. Got to drive the heck out of it in its former condition, and have been chipping away at the car over time. Still projects to tackle (waiting on little things as you can see), but very happy with how it's shaping up. Invaluable help, advice, and parts from this community-- wood interior from @bela22, Petri from @Wladek, taillight lenses from @Stan, updated seatbelts from @bluedevils, and countless other assists. Will eventually get to exhuast (and maybe headers), etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 81

John-T

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very Nicely done! Love the new interior color contrast.

Are the wheels coupeking?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks well done! appears to only require a turn signal lens from the photos.

Strongly advise putting Xpel or other brand clear protective film on the air dam, it will save you thousands of dollars in repainting costs.

Must have a high mounted 3rd brake light as necessary equipment for driving Coupes.

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very Nicely done! Love the new interior color contrast.

Are the wheels coupeking?
Yes, the wheels are Coupeking, very happy with them! Will likely also do CoupeKing exhaust when the time comes.

@adawil2002 waiting on a gasket for my turn signal, but have the lens, and just got my stainless wipers in from Germany so I wouldn't have black. Thanks for the 3rd brake light resource, very smart add and definitely will do. I have a couple of spots for the body shop to address on the air dam, and then will absolutely do PPF after that.

Thanks all for the love and helpful advice!