San Fran car FS

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pretty paint too but shock towers don't seem to have original cladding, wonder if they've had work done there? Doors recovered, no A/C but one to watch. This guy has had 2002s for sale, always uses the mansion for a backdrop. Other cars have taken a long time to sell, might be due to shortcuts taken in resto process.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
I would be very suspicious of what is under the sound mats (over the strut mounts) that show that amount of buckling. This is a well known rust trap and can lead to significant rust from the top down.

Otherwise a very clean and nice looking car from the photos. No reserve too.

Doug

srennoc

Reaction score
Different car Chris. The 14K car sold is Verona & in Oklahoma. This coupe is Granitrot & in the SF bay area.

63split

Reaction score
Does any one have any thoughts about the shock towers . Is that rust starting under the sound matt or does that material normally start to crack?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
From what I can see, my quite unrest coupe had some issues under that material. Things like the rest of the front structure are rust free, so that is a real suspect area IMHO.

dealhunter0

Reaction score
New owner?

Anybody here buy this? I looked at it yesterday and it appeared pretty solid. The owner peeled back a chip of the cracked padding (1" x 1") from the inner fender and the metal underneath appeared sound. Seems like a good deal if there in fact wasn't rust hiding.