Sahara

jamesw

Reaction score
Sale pending.

I went by and drove the car today and it's fantastic. But I'm going to have to get the A/C finished here pretty soon as it's almost summer here!

Cheers
James

jamesw

Reaction score
Here are a few photos from the seller. I didn't take any yesterday when the car was up on the lift but she is excellent underneath.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 189

jamesw

Reaction score
More

Attachments

• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 190

jamesw

Reaction score
I was surprised how much I did not hate Sahara paint color.

I have a weber six pack that will be just perfect for the 3.3 on this car :) Then I'll have to get headers - and then and then and then...

I also have one of Mario's chin spoilers, and the La Jolla suspension parts. I can't wait to get started.

Any tips on mounting a Sanden compressor on a 3.3 engine? It has zero brackets down on that side.

Cheers
James

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A six series mounting bracket works well or a York bracket can be used with an adapter as Steve has documented here.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks like a very nice car James - many congrats. look forward to seeing the progress that you make with it.

G-Man

Reaction score
Sahara rocks! I repainted my Sahara tii, Sahara. A lot of 02 owners repaint their Sahara 02's a different color because they think Sahara is a drab boring color. A BMW with a new Sahara paint job really stands out in a parking lot. It's a stealthy color that flies under the radar. That's a beautiful coupe you acquired.

G-Man

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Here are a few photos from the seller. I didn't take any yesterday when the car was up on the lift but she is excellent underneath.

Seems we have identical cars, down to the interior color, Nardi wheel etc. Gorgeous coupe. Sahara has really grown on me.

jamesw

Reaction score
Well I'm happy to report that I bought the car on Friday.

I can't wait to get started with finishing all of the last remaining items on the car that John couldn't get done before he passed away. What to me is so cool about this car is that it came with a binder FULL of all of the details of the restoration - including before and after shots of the rust repair. It's very comforting to think that I won't have to worry about that.

And I decided to put the triple webers on-board and add the Stahl headers :)

Cheers
James