rust recall : there is hope

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Toyota said owners could "minimize the risk of the spare tire separating from the rear cross-member by removing it. If you choose to do so, please be sure not to be under the rear cross-member or spare tire carrier during the lowering process."

Not unlike the Boeing 747 that can safely operate on 2 of it's four RR engines, the Tundra evidently only needs 2 of it's 3 cross-members to safely transport a load of firewood...

"oh, what a feeling@@!!"

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is not me, it is my spleen writing:

Maybe Toyota, like US house builders, also used the infamous chinese drywall to build trucks...

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
I thought you donated your speen to charity last year Steve, at the 'We are the World' festival, or am i sady mistaken?
Or is your ex-spleen writing ex-parte, now without your knowedge or support?
:mrgreen:

nashvillecat

Reaction score
Who knows? The e9 could be next for a recall. There is hope.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34137136/ns/business-autos/

What's next, parts will become scarce and to save money the manf. will merely rebadge all cold State tundra models as "csL's?

I hope you are not suggesting that parking next to a due-to-be-recalled Tundra in a cold weather State will distract from my car's complex and make it look better? Isn't that the real purpose of all those engine additives, air fresheners and simonize?

Besides, when it comes to bragging rights, E9 is old school rust. Most others are upstarts.
Do newer vehicle designers take great efforts with their sliderules to design areas that specifically promote latent Fe02? A design that offers surprises for years to come? On E9's this was an unadvertised standard feature on all models, and not just in cold weather States. Most owners did not pay extra for this although some unscrupulous dealers could have charged to remove the unnecessary undercoating.

I also "heard" that the newer vehicle manufacturers do not use real "salt" water from either the warm Mediterranean (lighter colors) or the cold North Atlantic (darker colors). I "think" the same guy talking about the carefully selected saltwater also said something about a limited E9 recall covering cars with too much "undisturbed" metal. The extra weight of this metal could have a detrimental effect on fuel economy and performance. For less-that-obvious reasons, this probably did not apply to the csl versions.

Please bear in mind that none of my cars had mufflers for a long time, so that's what I think I heard. What? lol

Sorry, could not resist.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Besides, when it comes to bragging rights, E9 is old school rust. Most others are upstarts. Do newer vehicle designers take great efforts with their sliderules to design areas that specifically promote latent Fe02? A design that offers surprises for years to come? On E9's this was an unadvertised standard feature on all models, and not just in cold weather States. Most owners did not pay extra for this although some unscrupulous dealers could have charged to remove the unnecessary undercoating.

LMAO!
:mrgreen: