rubber seal - B post trim

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
please understand, BMW has not classified these seals as NLA (yet). i looked on the Steele website and couldn't find anything remotely close that i thought might work. the current list is 20 bucks and can be bought (when available for around 16 bucks).

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott,

Since you now have the cross sectional design and dimensions, look on universal automotive seal/weather stripping sites - like Steele Rubber Products ( and others). That's where I found a perfect match for the seals on the back (vertical side) of the e9 doors. One of them might have something that will work (but might need a bit of trimming or something).

Gary

PS: Ooops - sorry, I see you've already checked with Steele. I think there are several others as well.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll get to it right after finishing Gary's headlight grille any day now!

hey guys ... it does not look like 6 august is going to make it on this seal (around the aluminum rear door jamb trim) - 51716754295

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
hey guys ... it does not look like 6 august is going to make it on this seal (around the aluminum rear door jamb trim) - 51716754295. i have been communicating with Lisa Disaia at BMW of Warwick about this. there are now 30 sets on back order. if you are in need of this seal, or will be in need ... i recommend that you email Lisa and get on the list ... the more back orders, the faster BMW will get these made.

Sounds like the grill I've been waiting 5 years for. Good luck on getting any. Maybe 200 sets would get them to think about it. I know there are over 200 grills on order.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oh well ... it was a nice thought. i guess i will go talk to my paint guy and tell him that part ain't coming and i will agree to do it later.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not to steal this thread but any hints on getting the door jam stuff out? I have a huge Phillips screwdriver, hit it with PB blaster on both sides for two days as I have the door apart, even hit it a bit with a torch and nada.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i didn't have an issue, took the door latch off, you have to pull the sill plate to remove the screw at the bottom and i believe there is a screw at the top. you might have to try an impact driver to get the door latch off.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now that Scott mentioned it, I remember I had to I use an impact driver to get the latch screws off, so that might be your solution.

RTHLSS1

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Mine B post trim rubber seals are gone... how exactly do i remove this B post trim? Was checking today and it seems quite a lot of parts needs to be off before it comes off.

Thanks

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you have to remove the door latch plate, the sill trim (that holds the carpet in) and then its pretty simple to get it out then you put the new rubber trim on the B panel

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is what I normally avoid doing :) and tend to remove only what necessary
It is a good starting point! In this case you can relax and have a go at all you see. one of the cross headed screws for the door lock catch plate was really stuck in my car so I had to drill it out. You might want to oil them up prior to attempting to get them out.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So , back to original post, do anyone has an alternative for the seals in question? W&N doesn’t show them anymore! Or am I missing them?

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So , back to original post, do anyone has an alternative for the seals in question? W&N doesn’t show them anymore! Or am I missing them?

Just checked with W&N - they are on their site at 23.95 euro each.
Try searching their site using the part number 51716754295.

Cheers.