Rubber Plugs

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Recently the subject of rubber plugs came up and I was looking for the two in the spare tire well. I think they are the same as the two that mount in front of the hood latches. Just for fun I went to the dealer and ordered two. Attached is a pic with part number and the original plug on the right. Looks to be a good fit, they are for the 35mm opening, the inside will look a bit different but it is a good solution for an NLA plug.
D93EDCC1-0003-4AA0-A93A-2A80095D0564.jpeg

Dohn

Reaction score
I have an even more obscure plug need. My diving board bumpers have two 1" diameter holes in the rubber rub strip on the front, no doubt for mounting a front plate. The PO installed an undermounted plate, so I'd like to fill the holes. Sorry to hijack your post, but I'm open to suggestions...

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris, same, here.

I also ordered the plugs at the dealer, and got hthe same. However I find them a bit flimsy, plastic instead of rubber, and I wasn't convinced that they belong on an (my) E9.

If anyone has the originals for sale, then i'm interested. I'm also looking for the one under the rear seat.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Erik, they are a bit plasticky but under the spare you can’t tell, the outside has the correct shape at least.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have an even more obscure plug need. My diving board bumpers have two 1" diameter holes in the rubber rub strip on the front, no doubt for mounting a front plate. The PO installed an undermounted plate, so I'd like to fill the holes. Sorry to hijack your post, but I'm open to suggestions...

You might look through here.