RIP Elliot Schnackenberg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Email from Dirk at BMWCCCA

Dear Friends,

It is with great sadness to inform you that our good friend and long-time club member Elliott Schnackenberg passed away unexpectedly at the age of 82 in his home in Milwaukee a few days before Christmas. Elliott was not married and had no children. He is survived by his nephews and nieces.

Elliott participated in almost every club event whether in the US or in Germany. Elliott was a true gentleman and his presence at the upcoming Classic 02/02 Meet in Florida for which he had registered will be greatly missed.

Dirk de Groen
BMW Classic Car Club of America

raw

Real shame; I only met him for the first time in October at the O-Fest and the Classic gathering. He drove the twin of my '67 2000CS and we parked and drove together to show our cars off.
173F9A65-F2C3-46E1-B30A-1F0142F57441.jpeg

F3073ECD-5142-488E-B7DB-39D47A9C3B41.jpeg

He was a real character.

Ed Z

dbower

Reaction score
Elliott was a remarkable man. It was my privilege to get to know him on several BMWCCCA tours and other vintage BMW events. In addition to the lovely 2000CS mentioned above, he also had a 1600 Baur cabrio, a 1600GT, and I dunno what else -- all in outstanding condition and all driven regularly. He was an award-winning professor of photography in Milwaukee who was always happy to share tips with rank novices like me. Here is his obit: