RHD 3.0 CSL at auction

paul corcoran

Reaction score
yes spotted this online recently.... i live just round the corner from the war museum so i might go down and take a look (thursday 19th i think) but ill cry if it sells for stupid money especially on my doorstep!! but yes 497 and all present and correct matching no's and aluminium

paul

paul corcoran

Reaction score
which war museum!!!

i headed around to the imperial war museum in london turns out the auction was in cambridge (imperial war museum also) as the information desk lady stared at me blankly this afternoon!!

"i don't think there is a car auction here today,,,, let me just check for you"

i didn't read the H and H auction website too well then

yes the restoration CSL went for £13500 approx
the group 4 cost a fair bit more

but how about the peugeot 205!! (i think) 120K hot hatch

carreracat

Reaction score
hi all,

newbie here, i bought the 1973 3.0 CSL at the auction.

i will post a thread in the projects section once i get started on the restorations,

paul corcoran

Reaction score
Great glad you got it was there many bidders at the auction? The other race e9 went for alot!

Kind of regret not buying it but thought for a second id found a scrapyard Csl

But yes it's all there did you get the aluminium bonnet a steel one was on it when I looked at it...

Thanks
Paul

carreracat

Reaction score
thanks paul. unfortunately it came as is, so steel bonnet. the boot is aluminimum as are the doors, but i'm prepared to replace the whole doors rather than try to put them right if they are too far gone.

i suspect the parts list required will bankrupt me!!

only me and one other bidder. of course i would have liked to have gotten it for a lot let, but i'm happy with what i paid as i had budgeted up to 15k for it.

Bryce

Reaction score
Hi,
Don't give up on aluminum door skins. It could be cheaper and better to keep you current door frames and have rust repaired, and then replace aluminum skins with new ones from http://www.wallothnesch.com/e/frameoffer.htm. That's what I'm doing. I received the new skins in excellent condition in less than a week Germany - New Zeaand. good luck. Bryce