Replacement carpet

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Search the forum for “carpet” and you will find lots of threads about carpet suppliers. Not sure about ones in Oz, though, as you appear to be in Tassie.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Search the forum for “carpet” and you will find lots of threads about carpet suppliers. Not sure about ones in Oz, though, as you appear to be in Tassie.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had actually thought of that :)
Want to know who has had a good, or bad, experience with a particular brand.
Also, is there a difference between LHD and RHD?

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
If it was me, I would get a professional auto trim company to do a custom made and installed carpet.

Told it’s $2500-3000 (in Sydney) for an E9 when I got chatting with a trimmer at a Porsche concours last week.

Kit carpets are nothing but a disappointment imo

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Kit carpets are nothing but a disappointment imo

Really? I was under the impression that people on the forum thought quite highly of the KHM kits which from memory are around $1000...

Someone please correct me if they have had bad experience with KHM as they were on my future hit list

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Really? I was under the impression that people on the forum thought quite highly of the KHM kits which from memory are around $1000...

Someone please correct me if they have had bad experience with KHM as they were on my future hit list

Same thoughts here. I was considering these guys as well.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
KHM cost 511€ including the trunk. That includes the 19% local tax which is deducted for export.
They give the German E9 forum a discount so it might be worth asking them to include the International E9 forum too.

This KHM ‘kit’ carpet set is the choice of the German E9 crowd. Sure one can go to someone who’ll hand make them, whether that’s necessary is a personal choice. And they’ll need a perfect sample to copy.......

Keshav

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Let KHM know that since they offer a discount to the German forum (forum host being a Mr. Gerhard Reiser who is well known to MR. Meyer) that they should (hopefully) apply the discount to us too.

Please post your results as KHM is THE company of choice which will certainly help out our other members too.

Last edited:

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
KHM cost 511€ including the trunk. That includes the 19% local tax which is deducted for export.
They give the German E9 forum a discount so it might be worth asking them to include the International E9 forum too.

This KHM ‘kit’ carpet set is the choice of the German E9 crowd. Sure one can go to someone who’ll hand make them, whether that’s necessary is a personal choice. And they’ll need a perfect sample to copy.......

Keshav

Hi Keshav

Do KHM make right-hand drive sets? The website illustrations all seem to be for left-hand drive cars.

Cheers.

Marco

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Marco,
It’s definately a question to pose to them prior to committing. They’ve been making E9 carpets for ‘decades’ so I’d presume yes.
And if I’ve got it right, it’s just the two front floor mats that will differ. I’d well imagine KHM has that pattern too, but I’m only guessing. The template is basically flipping the front floor mats around.....easy enough.
Cheers
Keshav

Last edited:

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi again Keshav

Many thanks for your usual superquick response.
I do have an original set of 4 black/ grey speckled CSL floor mats but the rest of the original carpeting had been glued in and was not salvageable.
It was replaced at the time of a previous 'renovation' in the 1980s by a plain grey carpet set.

I will approach KHM to see what they can do and I will report back.

Thank you once again.

Marco

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Marco,
you have a Csl right? I doubt KHM has the Csl lightweight, black carpet (looks like felt) though.
I believe that most of the RHD’s had Standard E9 carpeting (grey black weave) which is what KHM offers, apart from all the other standard colors.

Keshav

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Marco,
you have a Csl right? I doubt KHM has the Csl lightweight, black carpet (looks like felt) though.
I believe that most of the RHD’s had Standard E9 carpeting (grey black weave) which is what KHM offers, apart from all the other standard colors.

Keshav
Yes - that's right - its a right-hand drive 'City Pack' car that had the grey/ black speckled carpet.
If that is what KHM sells then I'm in business.

Thank you once again.

Marco

Last edited:

inovermyhead

Reaction score
D3FAF065-8138-4098-BACA-E1FF08ABB527.jpeg
RHD KHM couldn’t be happier, fits really well

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
From my 02' days, Esty makes fantastic kits. She made one for my 1600 and it was great. I know she does E3 and other BMWs, but she might be worth asking about the E9?
http://www.estycarpet.com/
she even put a pic from my old car on her site...:) Damn, I shouldn't have sold that..
%252310%2Bsaddle.jpg