removal / install of the rear window regulator and upper trim?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can someone post photos of removal / install of the rear window regulator and upper trim?

deQuincey had an entire thread, but the photos are ruined by photo bucket

what are all the holes along the vertical edges of the regulator for?

I assume the install order is, the window regulator, the aluminum trim that covers the vinyl welt, then the upper inner trim with the wood attached?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would do it in this order.

1. Vinyl Welt
2. Regulator & Window
3. Stand-Alone Metal support bracket (horizontal, top edge of inner window. Shaped like a pork chop.
4. Aluminum Trim (this doesn't really interfere with anything, so order isn't critical)
4. Metal backed wood trim. The wood is secured to the metal, and you screw the metal piece to the body.

If you get stuck and need pictures let me know. My back "seat" is a mess of parts but my door panels are off. The regulators are clearly visible...

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
a few photos would be great!
I did glue the vinyl welt in today, I put the rubber molding over the sheet metal seam in first, otherwise no way to line the welt up

3. Stand-Alone Metal support bracket (horizontal, top edge of inner window. Shaped like a pork chop.
Maybe I am missing something? figuratively or physically, isn't the wood and horizontal vinyl attached to a large metal part? I don't think there is another part on the inside along the top?

4. Aluminum Trim (this doesn't really interfere with anything, so order isn't critical)
You mean the horizontal part on the outside?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@mark99,

The metal piece shaped like a porkchop isn't related to the wood trim. It goes on before the wood trim. I snagged a picture of the part on the forum and outlined it in red. I mentioned that the aluminum trim doesn't interfere with anything, but the pic below highlights that it does actually overlap the porkchop. Also, make sure that the welting isn't secured with miniature screws. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I know that the door welting (actually on the doors) does use miniature screws. I have a pic of them in my decon thread.
IMG_3959.JPG

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
My pork-chop is attached to the window regulator, come out with it

Do you have a page number of your thread or link that shows a welt on the door, I didn't think there was one

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
My pork-chop is attached to the window regulator, come out with it

Do you have a page number of your thread or link that shows a welt on the door, I didn't think there was one

Ahh, well the porkchop is removeavle. :D

Here is a pic of the door welt. The screw is smaller than it looks. There are several and they are tiny.

90836042-5E47-4E12-859F-518AAEB63380.jpeg

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you have more photos of the welt all the way around the door? Mine never had that

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
so is that a better procedure, install the window regulator with out the 'pork chop' and then install that?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Markos
the off-white plastic cap(s) visible are NLA so save them and pry of carefully, the tend to crack.

6844D968-F817-4157-8FD1-E325B847EBE1.jpeg

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI, I had to loosen the pork chop at one end to get the window regulator unit in, but just at one end so stayed more of less aligned