Recent car shipping experiences/costs on east coast

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't shipped a car in a while, so not sure what the going rate is. I have two cars to ship from New Hampshire to Southwest Florida. They should be enclosed. ANyone shipped cars lately and found a carrier with particularly good rates?

Thanks
Scott

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Scott - Mario Langston used to have a guy with an enclosed trailer in NH that he used regularly. You may want to contact Mario.

TodB

Reaction score
Scott - Mario Langston used to have a guy with an enclosed trailer in NH that he used regularly. You may want to contact Mario.
I used him when I moved down and got a deal because I filled his 2 car trailer. Left MA on a Monday arrived FL Tuesday afternoon.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mario handled the logistics of shipping Vern, 1973 2002Tii, from Portland Oregon to Bedford New Hampshire it was $2700.

When the 1988 M5 was shipped to the BMW CCA Foundation for the Power of M exhibit for a year in Greer SC. I hired VSR's guy in NH for $1500 down & $1800 back.

When we shipped Veronika, 1968 1600 Cabriolet, out to Monterey for Car Week 2022 round trip $7200.
When we contracted to ship Veronika to the cancelled Monterey for Car Week in 2020 round trip was $3600

In 2019, I shipped Athena out to Torrance CA for the Targa California & Monterey Car Week, one way was $1800
in 2016 we shipped Herman our 1914 KisselKar 4-40 Touring to the Wisconsin Auto Museum one way with Intercity $2700

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
One year ago I was quoted $2300 to ship a car from New Mexico to Boston, including a stack of spare parts. this is with a very reliable transport company that is well known for moving unusual, and or expensive cars. I imagine it should be considerably less to ship a car from VSR to Florida probably 1500 to 2000.

Timing is a big factor since it’s after Monterey, and after many of the big driving events such as Rennsport, I would expect shipping costs to be even lower

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had the '95 Porsche 928 GTS shipped from Orange county CA to southeastern PA during spring 2021. Fully enclosed, loaded in bottom front of the trailer, so never moved during the trip. Took nearly a month from my first inquiry with Intercity Lines to delivery. Actual shipping time was 8 days. Cost was $2095.