READ THIS. Post suspect email addresses on this thread...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you're contacted by someone and they refer you to a friend that has the part you need and you're not sure it's legit, post the username and email address here. It creates an online record that other admins can find while searching. This has already helped me stop scammers registering.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Let me start...
1713473411860.png

jmackro

Reaction score
In some other forums, guests are not allowed to post.
As a volunteer admin for another automotive discussion forum, I can tell you that not allowing guests to post wouldn't help with this problem. Anyone can join a forum with a few simple steps, and scammers are willing to expend that much effort.

It is worthwhile booting off people who post obvious scams like CrackGP's above (just the username should be a clue). The best defense is to only use Conversations for discussing buy & sell transactions. Yes, a scammer can become a member and communicate via Conversation, but they can be banned.

Last edited:

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just to explain that that time I wasn't cheated ... I asked some questions and there was no further answer.

Don't know if the mechanism known on E24 forum with payment at start would help or not but could support the server, domain etc in some extent.