Re: Vintage Auto Bahn screen rubbers

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Anybody know what's going on with these guys?
I ordered and paid for a pair of windscreen rubbers off them via ebay weeks back after they were recommended on here.
Received an email saying one was on back order and they would be in touch. I've never heard from them again, even after repeated emails via ebay.
Given the great feedback I received on them from Forum members I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt but would be nice to not have to chase them via an ebay dispute.

Now I've posted this what's the bet they will arrive today :)

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Have messaged via ebay multiple times and emailed him direct with no reply.
Perhaps he is away or off work sick?

W

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well this is getting a little frustrating.
Had no response to emails for weeks and still no rubbers.
Got a refund for the front shield rubber a few weeks back but no word as to what was happening with the rear one as no refund was given for that one.
I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt here but the lack of response I find a little unprofessional.
It also galls me that this ebay listing for these items has them as 'in stock and ready to ship,' which obviously isn't the case given his earlier reason for non-delivery.
Guess I'll have to order a rear one from W&N and chase a refund via ebay?
Very disappointing.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well this is getting a little frustrating.
Had no response to emails for weeks and still no rubbers.
Got a refund for the front shield rubber a few weeks back but no word as to what was happening with the rear one as no refund was given for that one.
I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt here but the lack of response I find a little unprofessional.
It also galls me that this ebay listing for these items has them as 'in stock and ready to ship,' which obviously isn't the case given his earlier reason for non-delivery.
Guess I'll have to order a rear one from W&N and chase a refund via ebay?
Very disappointing.

Did you call the guy? Based on what I am reading you have done everything but pick up the phone and call. Others were kind enough to provide you his contact number, use it.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I emailed Connor on Tuesday that he had an issue and I received a reply this morning:

“Thanks for the heads up. I attempted to issue him a refund a couple weeks back, for some reason the full refund did not go though. The issue has been resolved, hopefully he can locate the seals from another vendor.”

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes Connor has issued a refund for both the front and the rear rubbers I ordered from him.
It appears he was out of stock while still listing them as available on ebay.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes Connor has issued a refund for both the front and the rear rubbers I ordered from him.
It appears he was out of stock while still listing them as available on ebay.

Just about every parts vendor does that knowing that they have supplies en route. It isn’t a problem until the supplier has issues.

Reactions: Wes

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have purchased parts from Connor for over 5 years; he and I text constantly about latest finds and me ordering parts. Sorry to hear you had trouble with your order; I hope you can get the rubbers you need soon.

Ed Z