Radiator fan set-up

Bill 74 3.0 CS

Reaction score
Hello all. Has anyone made a move from the stock cooling fan setup onto an electric fan setup on a manual transmission with air conditioning car? If so what are the benefits/losses? I see that there are some aluminum 2 core radiators available for our E9 in the market. Has anyone tried them, and if so is this setup worth looking into? All of this of course is for a street legal road car, not race track setup. Thanks in advance!

RJRuiz

Reaction score
I have an aluminum radiator purchased on Ebay ($189 WITH single pusher fan!) and dual electronically controlled Spal pullers. Works great, much quieter than the stock setup. Used the Pusher that came with the radiator to cool the a/c condenser.

I'm in South Florida so a/c and cooling is critical- very pleased with this arrangement. Car runs cool and a/c cools car well.

Ray

Bill 74 3.0 CS

Reaction score
Hello Ray, thanks for that helpful information. I will look into making the change then. I do like a quieter ride after all.

Quiet humid and hot here during the summer as well. Not many CS European cars came with the A/C option, so I'm thankful that I have it.

All the best!