Project E9: Dream Build

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I know it is much easier to get the dash removed with the windshield out.
Just Dashes can recover the leather for you.
while it is out, might be good t be sure the odometer and clock are working.
North Hollywood VDO repairs... And install all new dash lights since you won't want to get into the dash again once re-installed.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
cosmetic things, replace the relays near the battery with the round "can" relays
remove the air cleaner and have powder coated the correct greenish grey (look inside the lid)

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Albert, regarding the suspension modifications you mentioned I "think" you may have some issues, first, 18 in wheels, even 17 are just too big for practical reasons, and then when you lower the suspension (springs) you will have to stiffen them. This will make for a very rough ride. The difference between 14 and 16 in rims is noticeable with minor suspension mods (CN springs and Bilsteins). The "toss-ability" of the e9 will be diminished and to many people that ability and agility is one of the nicest things about the e9. I can totally concur with wanting to make the e9 look slick, and that is a matter of personal preference as long as you don't put longhorns and flames on it but I feel it is a major challenge to get the e9 to look a little slicker and maintain its ability to tango through corners and comfortably cruise on the open highway. Just one more of the millions of things to ponder. Please keep posting pictures, this seems like an interesting build!

Albert

Reaction score
Albert, regarding the suspension modifications you mentioned I "think" you may have some issues, first, 18 in wheels, even 17 are just too big for practical reasons, and then when you lower the suspension (springs) you will have to stiffen them. This will make for a very rough ride. The difference between 14 and 16 in rims is noticeable with minor suspension mods (CN springs and Bilsteins). The "toss-ability" of the e9 will be diminished and to many people that ability and agility is one of the nicest things about the e9. I can totally concur with wanting to make the e9 look slick, and that is a matter of personal preference as long as you don't put longhorns and flames on it but I feel it is a major challenge to get the e9 to look a little slicker and maintain its ability to tango through corners and comfortably cruise on the open highway. Just one more of the millions of things to ponder. Please keep posting pictures, this seems like an interesting build!
Thank you so much for that always help to think of all areas especially when I really want a slick look. The car is running smooth now just need to get a windshield so I can do a real first drive finally haha.

Albert

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

bringing a short update I will be doing a video of progress. I am trying to order now a set of coilovers for it but have not decided which set to order. I just put brand new tires, windshield in, and brakes. I realized I will need a new fuel tank so I am on the hunt now for a fuel tank. I am going to do the dashboard last just because I have to hunt for the pieces now.

My goal for these next 2 months will be getting windows to all operate, change carpet, install suspension, and fuel tank. I will have to make sure I can seal proof the car in case I go for a cruise and starts raining. But I am so happy I have a windshield to drive around!

Hope this message finds everyone doing well!

Honolulu

Reaction score
Albert, there have been any number of discussions about which coilover set to get, and from whom, and what springs, what rates, and so on. Some would like to hear of your choices in all those, and reasons for doing so.