Post-Holiday NorCal Coupe Cruise Anyone?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arrrrrrggggh- The clutch master hose blew out on me.... All fixed now and ready for Rallye Monte-Diablo II. Thanks to Shannon for hosting!
BTW- that guy in the white car is scary fast, glad I was behind him.:shock:
sfdon

corsachili

Reaction score
The guy in the white car drives like a 16 year old girl with bad eyesight. Don on the other hand, drives well. Be nicer following him if he had brake lights though.

We had a great time. Thanks Shanon, for putting it all on. Damn it was cold on top of Mt. Diablo!

pj

Reaction score
TJ, is the s in you csl stand for SLOW.TJ remember I am selling the Old Girl so I was driving at 70% LOL
Once again I had fun today , thanks to Shanon. Don glad you made it home ok. TJ is right Don can throw a coupe around .

pj

Reaction score
Don , I was treating the run just like a lead /follow on track, I trust shannons skills so thats why I was on his ass up Diablo.glad you had fun

shanon

Reaction score
Howdy all and fellow Monte-ists!

Thanks for making the inaugural Rallye Monte-Diablo a success!:twisted:
Its fun and rare to have your mirrors full of CS's!

Mother Nature brought the sun out for us today and she gave us a nice taste of the 'real' Monte with a chill on Diablo's summit.

Good times had by all, glad to here SFDon got her fixed simply. Glad to see the young 'navigators' along too. Way to go Dads!

Imagine the Redwood Leg in the dark....devoid of ALL traffic or cyclists...all to yourself............it was a real treat on the return home!! :wink: We won't be solo next time, I insist!

We'll do it again. Can't wait to see the pics!
Maybe the next 'Monte-D' will have a budget for a COLOR route book! :lol:

-shanon

pj

Reaction score
Got to thinking about another ride, A couple of years ago at the Concorso I was parked next to a couple who owned a Motel in Cayucus , down by SLO, How about a Rallye Monte PCH/BigSur.Stay at the coupe owners Motel BBQ etc.Cruise home on the 101.If you are the Motel owners you could contact either myself or (I am volunterring TJ /Shannon).
Maybe some of the Socal guys could meet up to as it is 1/2 wayish?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I caravanned down to one of the 02 Fest West events several years ago with nine other 2002's and a coupe. A group of about four or five started from Sacramento, joined a few more in the valley and in Monterey and drove down highway 1 to SLO. The car show was nice, but the trip there was something I'll always remember. Awesome!

Another possibility would be driving to the Pacific Sharkfest this year, if it ends up being in a place we can plan a drive to. A couple years ago it was in Paso Robles.

Dan

oldsole

Reaction score
thanks

thanks for the great run. I had a blast opening up the CSi, hope not too much, it was let some puffs go out the back end on the way home. My son had a good time, just need to teach him not to tell mom about the fast driving next time. Thanks for setting it up Shannon.

michael
oldsole

YBNormal

Reaction score
East & West Coast Reunion?

If the numbers are large enough this group might consider an annual gathering like the American Lancia Club Reunions held on each coast. Great fun, with the usual show and shine plus a rally, and also family activities. We attended the 1983 event held in Cambria, and ended up moving to the area in 2001. There was a great selection of machinery, from Appia sedans so cute you want to take one home, to a rip-snorting Stratos that swapped ends twice during the weekend with little warning but suffered no apparent harm.

The ALC events usually had about 50 people attend, but if our numbers are small it would make sense to see if the Sharkfest group will accomodate us.