Please- I need therapy

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have you looked into this? That '69 that I'm considered would be awesome on bags. I would lower it one way or another but I haven't checked out bags yet. I tried to get it to start today and got it to sputter a couple times with really really old spark plugs in it and spark plug wires that are so old they don't bend anymore! LOL I didn't have plugs or wires with me so it will have to be another day...

I haven’t looked into it yet. Check with @floridabmx.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have some more pictures- the car had the carport drop a pole on the windshield and the PO gave me a new one that he planned on putting in but never did, so here's where i'm at;
bad windshield.jpg.JPG
bit of a mess.JPG
getting started.JPG
IMG_6753.JPG
cleaning up1.JPG
treating the dash.JPG
push to start.JPG
cleaning up.JPG

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Funny... I didn't even notice the hole in the windshield in your first pics.

I'm not sure what you were doing to the dash... but it appears to have worked.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of "monkey snot" but I use McGuire's and wipe, soak, brush it in and let it stand for an hour or so then wipe it off and it really helps and lasts a long time. On the next application many months from now it's just a squirt and wipe operation.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi All,
Can someone tell me where the fuel pump relay is. I have no power going to the pump so I need to check that first :)

Thanks

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you Andrew, I was tracing the wire back and pulled the rear seat, there was quite a mess under there and allot of connections that will need cleaning but I had some "other stuff" to do after work so I'll get on it tomorrow. The ECU is back there so I'm sure I'll find a badly connected wire or ten when I'm cleaning her up!

She looks pretty solid with the exception of some rust spots but the floors and rockers are clean and once I get her running well I'll decide if I'm going to turn her into a Stepford Wife or just keep her around like an old bar maid.... Maybe something in-between :)

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, after finding the relay, which on my car is way up under the dash in the fuse box area I was able to determine that the fuel pump was in-op. I had another laying around and after hooking it up backwards, and then correctly, what a surprise - all those 20 year old hoses were leaking up by the manifold as well as the plastic "T" so it's off to the auto parts store for more FI fuel line. Looks like my sunday will now be full.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Takes a special crimping tool for those injector hoses?
Send them in.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So, after hooking up the new-old fuel pump correctly I had over a dozen fuel leaks around the injectors and there seems only one way to fix this stuff... anyone have a match! But no one did, so I found a 10/12mm wrench & socket and am playing mechanic until the new injectors come in- hopefully this week. In the meanwhile, could someone tell me what they think of this exhaust configuration, I thought all manifolds were pretty much the same??

Thanks
headershuh.jpg
injectors1.jpg
injectors2.jpg

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought I would post some pictures of "silky" the name given to my e3 by the previous owner; since the PO is very interested in the cars' rebirth I thought it only correct to keep the name. It seems like many of the cars I acquire (like the girls I meet) always have the names of strippers????

Although I'm not doing a total restoration on her at this point I figure that within reason everything I touch should be done so that I don't have to do it again (unless I do it wrong the first time).
brakes1.JPG
brakes2.JPG
brakes8.JPG
brakes9.JPG
brakes7.JPG
brakes10.JPG
brakes11.JPG
brakes12.JPG
brakes3.JPG
brakes4.JPG

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter, You have been very busy, great work! Nice pic of rear springs/shock to show how different it is from an e9 too.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice work Peter, and thank you for posting these photos. I see you have really renovated the driver side caliper and hoses. Great detailing too! I notice you have removed the caliper and brake pipes as one unit. Good idea. Last time I tried this on my Coupe I did ruin the hose to caliper pipe connection, but was easily rectified because the hoses needed to be replaced. I was fortunate the flexible hose to the pipe that goes to the booster eventually came off. Not so optimistic about the passenger side however. If the flexible pipe to the hard line that goes to the booster on the right side does not release correctly, well then I am in for difficult pipe replacement procedure. It is a long run inside wheel arch, and along bulkhead. Have you attempted this yet? Anyone else have experience? So much in the way if I must route new brake pipe from right side caliper all the way to booster. :( Mike