plastic fuel filter on an injected car

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a champion fuel filter that is the same size as the metal canister filters but it is hard plastic. I bought it ages ago and it was sold as for fuel injected cars but I was wondering if the pressure would be ok. I know 30psi isnt a lot and it looks like it could take it easy.

Anyone used one?

Thanks in advance,

Rohan

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a champion fuel filter that is the same size as the metal canister filters but it is hard plastic. I bought it ages ago and it was sold as for fuel injected cars but I was wondering if the pressure would be ok. I know 30psi isnt a lot and it looks like it could take it easy.

Anyone used one?

Thanks in advance,

Rohan

lloyd

Reaction score
30csl said:
I have a champion fuel filter that is the same size as the metal canister filters but it is hard plastic. I bought it ages ago and it was sold as for fuel injected cars but I was wondering if the pressure would be ok. I know 30psi isnt a lot and it looks like it could take it easy. Anyone used one? Thanks in advance, Rohan

I don't know that plastic is a red flag, per se. A picture and/or a part number might be helpful. Have you X referenced the Champion part to the OEM recommendation? Take a look at a site like this one: http://www.germanfilters.com/1987-bmw-325i-fuel-filter-p-47750.html

In theory, I do not see why another style filter designed to handle the same pressures couldn't be used in place of or even as a supplement to the original. However, until you have experienced a petrol leak at 30psi, I would not be too dismissive of that pressure. It can ruin far more than just your whole day. Safety is paramount!

Anyone use the long aluminum filter designed for the late 80's early 90's 325i? Looks like it would fit and might even offer more filter media.

hth

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Lloyd,

thats a great help - looks like as its a Cahmpion L206 it is useable.

Thanks,

Rohan

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Lloyd,

thats a great help - looks like as its a Cahmpion L206 it is useable.

Thanks,

Rohan