Picture Uploads Failing

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just encountered this, too. I see that some folks have been uploading images. Is this an intermittent problem, or only affecting some users? No need to answer - just sharing an observation.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Might be a memory space issue. If it is, I'll just get more space, but we're trying to figure out root cause before spending money.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Might be a memory space issue. If it is, I'll just get more space, but we're trying to figure out root cause before spending money.
Is that a hint Dan that we should send more money? Just teasing. You guys do a great job but it probably is time for me to make my donation for the year.
Gary

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nope, not a funds issue, just want to make sure we figure out the problem. We were already planning on moving to the next hosting size soon anyway. The site gets bigger and bigger over time and that's how we handle it. :)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like you flipped back to the non-flash upload and we are operational, despite a little clunkier UI. Thanks Dan!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nope, not a funds issue, just want to make sure we figure out the problem. We were already planning on moving to the next hosting size soon anyway. The site gets bigger and bigger over time and that's how we handle it. :)

I can only load one pic at a time..... am I doing something wrong?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can only load one pic at a time..... am I doing something wrong?

No, the experience is intentional.

The issue is with the nice upload feature that allows multiple files and a friendly UI. As a stop gap the upload tool was reverted back to the old style that we haven’t seen in a few years. We all just forgot how nice the new upload feature is. :)

I haven’t been any help on this effort but at least I can help with the status updates.

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Upload rationing. :) No, that's just the way that uploader works. The root cause is file space and the number of files. I'll be doing some cleaning and it would be good if everyone cleaned up old conversations, etc, but we'll need more space regardless.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Upload rationing. :) No, that's just the way that uploader works. The root cause is file space and the number of files. I'll be doing some cleaning and it would be good if everyone cleaned up old conversations, etc, but we'll need more space regardless.

Thanks, got it!