pics from the recent Snowball Rally

shanon

Reaction score
Howdy Coupers,

For your viewing pleasure, thought I'd share some pics (not mine) from the recent CA Snowball Rally. We went from SF's Golden Gate Bridge to Tahoe and back on some wonderful backroads.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/showymcshow/sets/72157617499334518/

Pics are shot from the red 2002's (w/ a E30s 6 cylinder..very fast!) crew, it and the S14 powered grey 2002 just flew. WOW! A demonstration of the FI benefits, #64's dual 38's definitely noticed the high altitude's affects. We crested 8500' summits a few times. Glorious country! The highest we got was around Mt. Rose summit at about 8900 ft.

Coupe #64 ran flawlessly until I hit a unseen 'tombstone' in the short gravel section...it delayed us for a while until we sourced the alarming noise from hell. The rock knocked the exhaust into the driveline...definitely makes an unnerving noise, especially when your in the middle of nowhere Nevada with no cell service...started thinking about the Donner Party..Thankfully our friends in the flying grey 2002 and the blue MG helped us source the noise from hell and some fence wire get us back on the road. We just lowered the exhaust system an inch and we were off and flying again. Muchas gracious amigos!

Good people and good times!!
Enjoy!

-shanon

shanon

Reaction score
Howdy Coupers,

For your viewing pleasure, thought I'd share some pics (not mine) from the recent CA Snowball Rally. We went from SF's Golden Gate Bridge to Tahoe and back on some wonderful backroads.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/showymcshow/sets/72157617499334518/

Pics are shot from the red 2002's (w/ a E30s 6 cylinder..very fast!) crew, it and the S14 powered grey 2002 just flew. WOW! A demonstration of the FI benefits, #64's dual 38's definitely noticed the high altitude's affects. We crested 8500' summits a few times. Glorious country! The highest we got was around Mt. Rose summit at about 8900 ft.

Coupe #64 ran flawlessly until I hit a unseen 'tombstone' in the short gravel section...it delayed us for a while until we sourced the alarming noise from hell. The rock knocked the exhaust into the driveline...definitely makes an unnerving noise, especially when your in the middle of nowhere Nevada with no cell service...started thinking about the Donner Party..Thankfully our friends in the flying grey 2002 and the blue MG helped us source the noise from hell and some fence wire get us back on the road. We just lowered the exhaust system an inch and we were off and flying again. Muchas gracious amigos!

Good people and good times!!
Enjoy!

-shanon

acat2002

Reaction score
Saw this on B-A-T a few weeks ago and was jealous.
Thanks for sharing! very cool

Wish I were in the Bay Area or NorCal so I could attend.

I used to do the drive from Santa Cruz to Tahoe in a roundie at least once a ski season when I was younger- lots of fun. usually stopped outside of Sac. to refuel and eat. Can't imagine how much fun it would be with a caravan of vintage car buffs.

acat2002

Reaction score
Saw this on B-A-T a few weeks ago and was jealous.
Thanks for sharing! very cool

Wish I were in the Bay Area or NorCal so I could attend.

I used to do the drive from Santa Cruz to Tahoe in a roundie at least once a ski season when I was younger- lots of fun. usually stopped outside of Sac. to refuel and eat. Can't imagine how much fun it would be with a caravan of vintage car buffs.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Only in California

A wonderful potpourri of automobilia. Cool pix. Thanks for posting.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Only in California

A wonderful potpourri of automobilia. Cool pix. Thanks for posting.

tmason

Reaction score
I didn't even know that there was a Snoball Rally in my backyard.Do you have this every year?You have some great photos and a very large collection of vintage rides. Thanks for sharing,Tim

tmason

Reaction score
I didn't even know that there was a Snoball Rally in my backyard.Do you have this every year?You have some great photos and a very large collection of vintage rides. Thanks for sharing,Tim