Photo blocker license plate spray ???

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about it ? Does it really work or is it another fake gimmick to make the seller richer ? I might have gotten nailed just yesterday :mad::(:mad: --- guess I will find out soon enough. THANKS ~ John Buchtenkirch

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
My understanding is that it is a fake. I saw a myth busters episode where they tried the spray and other plastic covers that didn't work even at very high speeds.

bmw art car

Reaction score
I remember seeing that , too.
I guess the best way is , to adhere to the speed limit.
As hard as it may be , especially with a BMW coupe :-D

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
I remember seeing that , too.
I guess the best way is , to adhere to the speed limit.
As hard as it may be , especially with a BMW coupe :-D

That advice sounds like something my 87 year old mother would give me --- not much fun :sad:. I think I’m going to hang my front plate on my coupe from the back edge of the bumper on a hinge so it blows back against the pan at speed and hangs vertical only when stopped. I hate the way the front plate looks when it’s mounted in the stock location anyway and had already planed to move it. ~ John Buchtenkirch

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I believe there are some plastic covers that hide the plate from those intrusive cameras.
You might want to move to a state like Pennsylvania where we only have to display a back plate. So our delicate and lovely chrome front bumpers remain virgins.

Steve

TodB

Reaction score
front plate

Or just don't mount the front plate. I refuse to drill into my front air dam so the plate sits in my garage and has since 2000.

I've been pulled over 3-4 times since then, ticketed once but never cited (or even asked) for not having the plate.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about it ? Does it really work or is it another fake gimmick to make the seller richer ? I might have gotten nailed just yesterday :mad::(:mad: --- guess I will find out soon enough. THANKS ~ John Buchtenkirch

Don't know about that one, but last year I saw the mythbusters episoded where they dimpled the entire surface of a car like a golf ball and measured fuel consumption. It worked and showed remarkable gains. Nut sure why hybrids don't use dimpled panels.

JhwShark

Reaction score
Don't know about that one, but last year I saw the mythbusters episoded where they dimpled the entire surface of a car like a golf ball and measured fuel consumption. It worked and showed remarkable gains. Nut sure why hybrids don't use dimpled panels.

Hybrids will roll into the 19th hole!

chicane

Reaction score

It doesn't work.