PCB replacement for Throttle Position Switch

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been in contact with the chap who replicates (superior quality) printed circuit boards for Bosch TPS's for other D-Jetronic models.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-PCB-f...067607?hash=item21209ccc57:g:ImkAAOSwxCxT7nn9

He's willing to design and manufacture a replacement cicruit board for the E9 csi / csl but needs another 5 orders to make it worth his while.

It's a great fix (he will even do this himself) for a faulty switch or insurance if your swtich is still good

Priced at 66 Euros

Is there any other members who are interested to make up the numbers ?

Let me know and i'll coordinate

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies

Here's the message i got from Ton -

Yes, I will offer the same service for reconditioning, replacement, cleaning, adjustments and testing for the unit. Cost will be € 115,- excl. packaging and shipping costs.

I expect to have material available in 3 to 4 weeks from now. Defective/units ready for refurbishment can be send to me now. Payment can be by bank transfer or Paypal.0 280

I'll send him a spare unit i have (0 280 120 035) next week for him to work from and recondition and will post my result here

I'll PM those who have replied with Ton's email address

Bwana

Reaction score
Can he repair the TPS itself? I managed to break one of the fingers and the center bushing is a little loose too. Looks like the circuit board is OK
IMG_20170219_132348998_zpsjhwfnocc.jpg

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bwana - although his speciality appears to be with the circuit board, he may be able to repair the pats of your switch. Details by pm

Bill - i'll pm you with his contact details

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
An update - i have just received my switch back from Ton who has replaced the pcb with a superior version. It's tested as working perfectly. it may be some weeks before i get the chance to fit to my car.
Highly recommended service. Do get in touch with Ton as he now has a supply of pcb's
P1020679.JPG

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just received from Ton two boards, one for a '75 and one for a '73. Installing them now. For you DIYers out there: The one for the '75 looks like the pictures in this string, but the '73 is entirely different with only three traces and it is epoxied whereas the '75 is riveted. Removing the '73 board is impossible without destroying it and you have to unsolder/solder tiny wire to the traces, not so with the '75. Otherwise a pretty straight-forward process. Ton offers the option of replacing the boards and cleaning everything for an extra charge. Interested to see if this upgrade will eliminate the slow-speed bucking I am experiencing...

Ton

Reaction score
Hello all,
As Christopher mentioned I do now have the Printed Circuit Boards available for the Bosch D-Jetronic Throttle Position Switches used on the BMW cars. You can order the bare PCB or send me your TPS for ultrasonic cleaning, replacement of PCB, calibration and test. For more information do send me a message at [email protected]
2uqbrjo.jpg

Best regards,
Ton

Ton

Reaction score
Here's an update from Bill:
I installed the board in Steve's '72 and he is very happy with the results. It appears to have solved a high rpm misfire problem that was incorrectly diagnosed by a Doylestown, Pa. mechanic which cost him a pile of money. So he is very happy now. As for my '74, I have not been able to drive my coupe due to a clutch problem which I won't be able to fix until mid-July. The board is installed though, so the next time I get the coupe going, I will know how well the board is working. Feel free to use my comments on the E9 Coupe site if you want.
Thanks for your fine work, Ton!
Bill

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ton: finally got my new board installed in my '74. Works perfectly and I think most of the low speed stumbling problem has disappeared. Would highly recommend E9 members to use your boards. This is a part that probably is worn out, or close to it, in D-jet equipped coupes. Thanks again for your services.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
For those of us with carbs who like to retain the info on fixes like this for others, which E9s were D-jet equipped?

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All CSI badged cars and all CSLs after the first 169 carb'd ones... all Djet cars were Europe only deliveries.

Hobbycar

Reaction score
January 2019 Update - Ton still has and can supply the PCB, at least the one for my '74, Bosch part no. 0 280 120 035.

The cost is around 75USD and it took two weeks to arrive here in Massachusetts. Won't know if it fixed the "bucking" problem until the snow melts in front of my garage.