Palm Royale E9

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My wife was watching Palm Royal and I spotted this. E9?

Attachments

• IMG_8130.jpeg
    IMG_8130.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 77

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is! It is missing it's type identification though (2800 cs, 3.0cs, 3.0 csi or csl).
Can't be an 2000cs, as it has e9 bumpers with the rubber strip.

What is the brown-greyisch car to the left of it? I like those lines and rear light cluster a lot.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is! It is missing it's type identification though (2800 cs, 3.0cs, 3.0 csi or csl).
Can't be an 2000cs, as it has e9 bumpers with the rubber strip.

What is the brown-greyisch car to the left of it? I like those lines and rear light cluster a lot.
Rolls Corniche or Bentley (Azure) convertible.

I had never heard of this show but looked it up. Leslie Bibb is from my hometown and lived on my wife's hall at UVA. Then she won a modeling contest and dropped out to pursue that and eventually Hollywood. Guess we will be watching it.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It has a 1968/1969 Palm Beach county license plate so if it is actually registered with that plate in Florida then it is a 2800cs. The "W" on it indicates originally the plate was used for a car weighing 3500-4500 lbs (big old hunk of American iron) but this could be legally registered now under Florida's antique plate laws.

What is this show about?

Last edited:

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What is this show about?
First I have heard of it too.
"Palm Royale is a comedy show about an ambitious woman who wants to join Palm Beach high society in 1969. Starring Kristen Wiig, Laura Dern, and Ricky Martin, the show will be available on Apple TV+ in March 2024"

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
First I have heard of it too.
"Palm Royale is a comedy show about an ambitious woman who wants to join Palm Beach high society in 1969. Starring Kristen Wiig, Laura Dern, and Ricky Martin, the show will be available on Apple TV+ in March 2024"

So they sweated the details and got correct period plates for cars that may or may not be 69 or earlier. The Vette plate doesn't look period though.