Owls Head Museum

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
How many of you North-Easters would consider a CCA-organized tour up to visit the Owls Head Museum up in Owls Head, Maine? I know the director and he said he should be able to put together some really interesting stuff for us motorheads. Many of their vehicles are kept in operating condition, so there's a real possibility of ride/drives in a pre-war car or plane.

Lots of the well known museums focus on post-war transportation (Peterson, Barber), but they do have an Isetta...

Also, this might be more appealing as a family activity than an HPDE at NH international or an autocross.

www.ohtm.org

Location: It's about 3 hours north of Boston. Perfect for folks in VT/NH/ME/and maybe even upstate NY.

TodB

Reaction score
My folks used to have a house in the NewHarbor area just south of there. Its probably closer to 4 hours from Boston all in. And the absolute best seafood ever "down" there.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
John at CCA said if there was enough interest

he'd help organize a run up there. Might have to be an over nighter, but I'd normally just leave at 6am and get back late.

Are the two of you interested?

John

duane_sword

Reaction score
I am interested!

What are the target dates? I travel quite regularly on business and when I am home I need to find the balance given a young family at home ;-)

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the same challenge

mine aren't exactly young, but still in those pesky middle school years.
Plus I'm going vintage racing (rear engined Elva), so many weekends I really struggle to keep everyone happy. I had no particular time frame in mind. However, the events coordinator for Boston Bimmers needs at least 2 months because he would want to write it up in the chapter newsletter first to drum up interest. That means September or October. The problem with those months are they conflict with Goodwood Revival, Lime Rock Vintage Festival, and the Watkins Glen History festival (and the several other local CCA events).

But, would any of you guys come if it were, say, the 4th weekend in Sept?
What about you other Maine and NH E9 owners?

John

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
mine aren't exactly young, but still in those pesky middle school years.
Plus I'm going vintage racing (rear engined Elva), so many weekends I really struggle to keep everyone happy. I had no particular time frame in mind. However, the events coordinator for Boston Bimmers needs at least 2 months because he would want to write it up in the chapter newsletter first to drum up interest. That means September or October. The problem with those months are they conflict with Goodwood Revival, Lime Rock Vintage Festival, and the Watkins Glen History festival (and the several other local CCA events).

But, would any of you guys come if it were, say, the 4th weekend in Sept?
What about you other Maine and NH E9 owners?

John

Shoot for June 2014?