Original 2800cs. New Owner

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome! Where in ZA are you located? Love your car. I have a 70 2800cs also in the barn. Mine's tundra.
Greetings from Sanibel Island, Florida USA.

JacodT

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome! Where in ZA are you located? Love your car. I have a 70 2800cs also in the barn. Mine's tundra.
Greetings from Sanibel Island, Florida USA.
Thanks, i'm just outside of Johannesburg on Hartebeespoort dam. Really happy with my CS, never would have thought I'll have a beige car, but the sahara color is probably something only an e9 can pull off, and it does it well...

JacodT

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great buy! Check under the back seats for rear seat belts. My 2800 came to me because the Senior owner refused to wear seat belts when they were mandated. She had hidden the rears under the seats. Any sign of retractors under the rear armrests?

Steve
No such luck... But thank you. I see anchor points on the rear sides below the armrests, but nothing in the middle. I suppose it came with front front lap belts only? I'll contact BlueDevil, thanks guys

JacodT

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had quite a few ideas of improvements prior to purchase and in anticipation of taking delivery, but now I'd like to keep her as close to original as possible. I've been reading this forum for the past month as my pre and mostly past bedtime pass time. A wealth of knowledge!

Can anyone give me some advice on where to get headlight covers (missing in action) and the rear windscreen heater switch (only the base survived)? Seems to be NLA...

I also need to replace a lot of rubbers, where is the best place to buy from, considering that I'm in Africa with a very weak currency I see World Upholstery also sell rubbers, are they cheaper than W&A?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice on where to get headlight covers (missing in action) and the rear windscreen heater switch (only the base survived)? Seems to be NLA

Headlight covers.... hard to find an original steel pair. Current choices are Alloy ones from Jaymic in the UK (least expensive) You will also need a set of rubber seals/ gaskets for under the covers and the correct screws both available from W/N.

Jaymic also have an assortment of rubber seals, all depending on what you need. Take a look and compare to W/N.

The rear glass heater button (3 or 4 prong?) can be relatively easily found, for ex, EBay.de (E9 Schalter) you need the ‘yellow‘ head one

JacodT

Site Donor
Reaction score
Headlight covers.... hard to find an original steel pair. Current choices are Alloy ones from Jaymic in the UK (least expensive) You will also need a set of rubber seals/ gaskets for under the covers and the correct screws both available from W/N.

Jaymic also have an assortment of rubber seals, all depending on what you need. Take a look and compare to W/N.

The rear glass heater button (3 or 4 prong?) can be relatively easily found, for ex, EBay.de (E9 Schalter) you need the ‘yellow‘ head one
Many thanks Keshav!

JacodT

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anybody know a source of one of these?
image.jpg

image.jpg

I'll be able to paint it to the correct colour. Nasty hole in the driver's doorcard that I've been reminder about once too many in my one weeks ownership...

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
also need to replace a lot of rubbers, where is the best place to buy from, considering that I'm in Africa

That’s a tricky one, all depending on what all the seals/ gaskets etc you are looking for to replace. There are a few different vendors (I’m speaking primarily about Germany) but it might come down to bundling the majority of parts from one source, for ex, W/N from whom you’ll get the non EU prices and a decent shipment price if you order is large enough. And they are great guys to communicate with, email them with your needs etc. And they have sales every so often.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This guy selling the 2 caps will mail international

Your door handle is missing the black plastic cover.... right side or both?

Last edited:

JacodT

Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s a tricky one, all depending on what all the seals/ gaskets etc you are looking for to replace. There are a few different vendors (I’m speaking primarily about Germany) but it might come down to bundling the majority of parts from one source, for ex, W/N from whom you’ll get the non EU prices and a decent shipment price if you order is large enough. And they are great guys to communicate with, email them with your needs etc. And they have sales every so often.
Thanks again, Keshav! From what i've read on the forum the W/N rubbers seem to be the closest to original?

JacodT

Site Donor
Reaction score

To be honest, I never noticed! Only the right side.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks again, Keshav! From what i've read on the forum the W/N rubbers seem to be the closest to original?

Their parts are generally good but they don’t have everything and are not the cheapest out there either. But being able to order at one shop will have monetary and other advantages, but that’s something you’ll have to grow some grey hair figuring out the do‘s and dont‘s, all very much a part of the severe infection/ addiction we all have here. They are also good guys to deal with in case of problems, exchanges etc.
Also be sure to take advantage of their periodic sales......

JacodT

Site Donor
Reaction score

Seller does not ship to South Africa

JacodT

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ll do it if you like.....
Did you just buy them?
Wow, thank you. I tried to buy them, but sale didn't go through due to my address, my german understanding is also probably not the best (even with a german "Oma"). I don't want to be a bother, I mailed the seller, if i don't get any joy i'll PM you. Once again thank you, Keshav

JacodT

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, thank you. I tried to buy them, but sale didn't go through due to my address, my german understanding is also probably not the best (even with a german "Oma"). I don't want to be a bother, I mailed the seller, if i don't get any joy i'll PM you. Once again thank you, Keshav
Somebody bought them, probably due to this tread. You snooze you loose I suppose